Devoid of Epson's usual "Office" and "Photo" monikers, the Stylus TX550W is an all-purpose inkjet multifunction that can be used in the office or home. It lacks some key office functionality like automatic duplexing and an automatic document feeder, but it has low initial and ongoing costs, and plenty of connectivity. Unfortunately, it won't deliver particularly good photo prints.
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Home printers are no longer ugly beige boxes that sit in the corner and jam up at the worst possible moment. These days printers can produce brilliant photos and professional-looking documents, scan and e-mail at a touch, and even back up the contents of your memory card or USB flash drive. There are plenty of printers to choose from, but not all are suitable for students. When purchasing a printer, make sure think about what you plan to use it for, the connections you will need and your budget.
We look at the best and cheapest printers for the back-to-school season
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Christmas may be over, but that doesn't mean the savings are. With students shortly heading back to school, there are plenty of bargains to be found. We round up some of the best of the week, including dirt cheap mobile broadband, Google's first smartphone and a great ASUS notebook!
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
Bag yourself a bargain!
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Dell's Wasabi PZ310 is an extremely portable photo printer that can produce a 2x3in photo in under a minute. For $30, the printer is a reasonable impulse buy, but low print quality and a short battery life make it a poor purchase for anything more.
The Interact S605 is Lexmark’s range-topping inkjet multifunction printer for the home office. Boasting a handy SmartSolutions touch screen and automatic duplexing (double-sided printing), this printer is good for basic printing and offers one-touch access to advanced features such as business card scanning and print presets. However, even with these features its high price tag is a bit hard to accept.
Like many other smartphones, the iPhone is quickly becoming a mobile office. When it comes to making hard copies of data stored on the phone, however, it can be time consuming to transfer files to a computer before printing them off. Thankfully, it's also unnecessary: the App Store offers a range of iPhone apps designed for printing, from all-in-one mobile office suites to basic photo printing apps from the manufacturer of your printer.
Get the best bang for your back with these inexpensive, feature-packed printers
Need a label printer that is easy to set up, compact and doesn't scrimp on print quality? The Brother QL-820NWB Professional Label Printer ticks all these boxes and more!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Join the newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - $650 per dayOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist ? VMwareVIC
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)SA
- FTCoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperOther
- TPScrum Master | Cloud MigrationQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager/Tech LeadNSW
- TPIT & Systems Support OfficerQLD
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial ServicesQLD
- FTPerformance Test Consultant X1Other
- FTProject Manager | Onsite ParkingOther
- FTIT Support / Desktop - Level 1 & 2Other
- TPSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTPre-Sales Security ConsultantNSW