If you hate waiting for your smartphone to charge up, relief is coming soon. After some hiccups, Qualcomm's superfast charging technology, called Quick Charge 4, will be in smartphones around the middle of this year.
Batteries, Power, Energy and Renewables
Apple could be developing its own power management chips, according to a report from German private bank Bankhaus Lampe. The release of the report led to a sharp drop in the shares of Dialog Semiconductors, the current supplier of these chips to the iPhone maker.
Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk today tweeted an update on the sale of his company's latest product, roof shingles that double as solar power generators.
San Diego Gas & Electric unveiled a new pilot energy storage substation that utilizes a vanadium redox flow (VRF) battery storage system that can store up to 2 million watts of electricity.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
Chinese smartphone maker Meizu claims its Super mCharge technology can recharge batteries in as little as 20 minutes.
Razer's latest product is an external battery that can charge up to three devices at once.
All the features you want from a surge suppressor, and for a reasonable price.
As our personal electronic devices get more complex, researchers say cosmic rays could put them at a greater risk of operational failure.
In the age of Pokemon Go, the person with the most-charged phone is king. There’s much to love about the cute critters, but as players are all too aware, the one special power that they all share is Phone Battery Vampire.
Need an all-in-one printer for your fast paced mobile lifestyle? Read this review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple is developing its own power management chips, says analyst
- Galaxy S8+ gets high marks in battery test, but that might not tell the whole story
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- San Diego installs massive flow battery that can power 1,000 homes
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork & System EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistQLD
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTDatastage DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW
- FTSenior Change | 6mths +Other
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- CCBusiness Financial advisorNSW
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEACT