Optus has today officially switched on its 4G network in Australia, making it the second telco in the country to offer a superfast 4G mobile service.
Broadband - News
Google's long-awaited Dropbox competitor, Drive, is finally here and includes impressive search capabilities and good integration with other Google services including Docs and Google+.
Google Drive, Google's online storage service is finally available after years of rumors, but with Microsoft's SkyDrive offering more space and better integration with Windows 8, is Drive really worth the wait?
Google Drive is here. On paper the Google cloud storage service compares favorably against rivals like Dropbox, SkyDrive, and Box. However, there's one aspect of Google Drive that could force many users to shun Google in favor of the alternatives.
Before you choose to store your content in the cloud, you might want to peruse the terms of the service agreement you're forced to rubber stamp, as painful as that might be.
Facebook announced on Monday that its total revenue rose 45 percent year over year in the first quarter of 2012, but its profit fell 12 percent.
Windows 8 is just around the corner, and some applications are getting ready for the big shift to the Metro visual style.
Microsoft has set its sights on Dropbox with a new set of features for its cloud storage service SkyDrive that syncs files and folders between SkyDrive and the local machine.
Google Drive is expected to launch any day now, and competing services such as Dropbox and Microsoft's SkyDrive are preparing for battle with their own feature enhancements.
Tim Berners-Lee has said that the problem with companies like Facebook and Google is not that they collect vast troves of data about their users, but that they don't share with them what they learn from it.
Twitter expressed an interest in buying Instagram long before the photo sharing app was snapped up by Facebook for $1 billion, but the company will not be looking to make a rival acquisition, according to chief executive Dick Costolo.
Google Drive is one of the mythical creatures of the tech rumor mill since 2006, but it could finally be with us next week, according to reports.
Facebook's purchase last week of Instagram, maker of a mobile photo-sharing app, for a staggering $1 billion dropped a lot of jaws everywhere, particularly among high tech pundits.
Facebook plans to acquire Instagram for roughly $1 billion in cash and stock, but says it will allow the popular photo app to grow independently.
At a press conference in Sydney today, Prime Minister Julia Gillard joined NBNCo's Mike Quigley, Minister for Broadband Stephen Conroy, Minister for Infrastructure Anthony Albanese and NICTA's Hugh Durrant-Whyte for the announcement of NBNCo's three-...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTAssurance specialist(Quality Assurance and Process Improvement)ACT
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW