Asustek Computer plans to offer buyers of its popular Eee PC low-cost laptop additional storage for songs, videos and other data via the Internet.
Broadband - News
Installs fast, runs fast, and downloads fast. These will be the characteristics of Symantec Corporation's next-generation security products for consumers, an executive said Monday.
In the latest indication of the growing unease in some quarters over Google's privacy policies, a coalition of advocacy groups is asking the search company to provide a direct link to its privacy policies on its home page.
Wikia Search, the open-source search engine that is the brainchild of Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, will begin letting anyone participate in building its index by adding, deleting and rating Web pages. "This is a complete overhaul of everything," sa...
Google will roll out a new version of its hosted site search service for businesses on this week, featuring improved indexing and a new name.
Microsoft's Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) ships with an out-of-date version of Adobe's Flash Player that's vulnerable to recently-spotted attacks, according to Microsoft's support documentation.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has narrowed the release window for the second beta version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to sometime in August.
National ISP Internode has launched an Australian mirror of the SourceForge open source software repository and development portal.
A former Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) staffer and an ex-radiocommunications regulator have been appointed to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) board, under the government's new merit-based recruitment c...
Microsoft is disputing that its CardSpace authentication management technology can be hacked despite a research paper that outlines a proof-of-concept attack.
Adobe this week is set to unveil the next version of its Adobe Acrobat software, which adds support for the company's Flash multimedia technology. The company also plans to launch a new Web site offering users free hosted services for document creati...
If IT security professionals think they have challenges now, they should wait until new technologies such as quantum computing and devices embedded in skin arrive in the not-so-distant future, three science-fiction writers said Monday.
In an unusual move, Microsoft on Friday warned Windows users to swear off Apple 's Safari Web browser until a patch is available that plugs holes that could let attackers to compromise computers.
Mozilla's Firefox browser is on pace to hit the 20 percent market share mark next month, a Web metrics company said Monday.
The Web site for the Phoenix Mars Mission, NASA's most recent arrival on the Red Planet, was hacked over the weekend by a Turkish crew, according to a defacement database.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT