A telephone phishing scam, which purports to come from the NSW Police Force, has surfaced in NSW over the past 24 hours.
Broadband - News
The director of the Australian High Tech Crime Centre believes that the diversity of malware and its abilities to circumvent security products, is the greatest threat on the local cyber crime landscape.
Polycom and Telstra have entered a co-branding agreement for Telstra's IP Telephony (TIPT) service.
Despite recent efforts to clamp down on electronic payments fraud, the crime is still rife and is undermining citizens' confidence in buying and selling over the internet, the European Commission said Monday.
A flood of SQL injection attacks on Microsoft Internet Information Servers are leaving Web pages with malicious iFrames in them, and Panda Security is urging network managers to make sure their Web pages haven't been infected.
Spammers are using an automated method to create bogus pages on Google's Blogger service, again highlighting the diminishing effectiveness of a security system intended to stop mass account registrations, according to security vendor Websense.
A group of German researchers has unveiled the first publicly released research attempting to actively disrupt a peer-to-peer botnet - using as their case study the notorious Storm worm.
TapRoot Systems this week began offering a freely downloadable version of a recently launched carrier product that turns Wi-Fi-equipped 3G smartphones into wireless hotspots, in an effort to simplify mobile Internet access.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Microsoft didn't crush the Storm botnet as it has claimed, rival security researchers argued today. Instead, the criminals responsible for the army of compromised computers diversified last year to avoid attention and expand their business.
While CNN recently faced distributed denial-of-service attacks from Chinese hackers angry about the television network's coverage of a recent Chinese crackdown in Tibet, Chinese security officials remain worried hackers will strike while the Olympic ...
The US Department of Justice is trying to determine whether Yahoo's two-week test to deliver relevant Web advertising from Google alongside its own search results violates any antitrust laws, according to a Reuters news service report .
Fennec, the mobile version of the Firefox browser, will simplify and enhance Web browsing on cell phones and usher in an era of intense developer innovation, the chairman of the Mozilla Foundation and of Mozillla Corp. said.
Attacks on legitimate Web domains, including some belonging to the United Nations that began earlier this week, have expanded dramatically, security researchers said Friday, with hundreds of thousands of pages hacked by Friday.
It's not your kid's video game.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA