Curl Wednesday announced support for Ubuntu Linux, which will allow desktop Ubuntu users to easily see Curl-enhanced Web content on their computers without having to manually configure a player.
Broadband - News
Security vendor PC Tools has questioned the usefulness of the threat lists used by many security companies to warn of current malware attacks.
Six Apart, which hosts the popular Movable Type and TypePad blogging tools, Wednesday unveiled a tool it said allows Facebook users to post to multiple blogs or micro-blogs across the Web from within the social network.
A search company founded by ex-Google and IBM employees landed US$25 million in new venture funding this week, but remains in stealth mode with no indication of when its technology will be publicly available.
America Online Tuesday announced that it has acquired Sphere Source, a provider of contextual-search tools that offers related content to publishers.
Telstra has met the requirements of the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy for the shutdown of the CDMA network, which will be switched off permanently on April 28.
Curl next week plans to unveil a beta version of a runtime tool that it said will help large organizations extend Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) to run on the desktop.
According to opponents and proponents of Broadband over Power Lines, the technology is unlikely to gain a foothold in the commercial access space but is finding a niche as a networking technology inside the home.
Deployment of Australia's national fibre backbone could begin as early as October when the government is slated to announce the winner of the tender [[xref:http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;665948421|announced Friday]].
ActiveX controls accounted for an overwhelming majority of all browser plug-in vulnerabilities in the second half of 2007, Symantec said this week in its semi-annual Web security report.
eBay is using its massive market share to lock users into paying for purchases through its fee-based PayPal service.
A new bot can crack defenses erected by Microsoft to keep spammers from creating large numbers of accounts on its Live Hotmail service within seconds, a security researcher said Friday.
A new Facebook plug-in to be released this weekend will allow users to monitor and delete cookies created by the Facebook Beacon advertising system. The cookies are used by Facebook to inform a user's friends about his or her purchases.
MySpace has launched the MySpace Developer Platform site which will allow external software developers the chance to build applications for its users.
Earlier this month, New Zealand completed its second Cyber Storm. Although the results of Cyber Storm II are not expected to be made public until August, some of the participants shared their thoughts on the experience at the RSA Conference in San Fr...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise and Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- FTChange AnalystOther