The use of social networking sites worldwide has grown substantially in the past year, with some sites seeing total visits increase as much as 270 percent, according to a study released Tuesday by Internet measurement company ComScore.
Broadband - News
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Mozilla's CEO Thursday evening answered charges that the company is dropping development of the Thunderbird e-mail client because of its partnership with Google.
Microsoft's CEO emphasized the importance of attracting talent and urged shareholders to be patient with the amount of time it might take the company to pursue its various business models, speaking during Microsoft's annual financial analyst meeting ...
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
It probably comes as no surprise that Google was selected as the number one development in e-commerce over the past 10 years by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), an industry trade group.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
The blogosphere is buzzing about what some are calling the death of the page view following Nielsen/NetRating's announcement Tuesday that it would stop using the traditional measurement as its primary metric to compare Web sites.
The social networking phenomenon continues to take hold of Internet users as one in five adults worldwide say they have visited such sites, according to a study released last week.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- CCTechnology support specialistNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTProgram Coordinator (Cloud & Office 365)Other
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTProject Manager - OSS / Networks (Telco)Other
- TPKnowledge Management LeadVIC
- CCPerformance Test EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer (Senior)WA
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Online/Website application developmentOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst, FX and TradingOther
- FTPHP Developer (Back-End Focus)QLD
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistSA
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTVEC EngineerOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- TPPMO SpecialistQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC