Microsoft is upgrading its new Outlook.com webmail service so that its users can communicate with Gmail users via instant messaging.
Broadband - News
Super-fast 5G broadband transmits data in the millimetre-wave band at a frequency of 28GHz at a speed of up to 1.056Gbps to a distance of up to 2 kilometres.
A Sony-backed ISP in Japan has launched a 2Gbps Internet service, which it said is the world's fastest for home use.
Facebook Home, which doesnt replace the Android OS but sits on top of it, includes a family of Facebook-focused apps and also works with the apps a user already has on her phone.
Popular music streaming service Rdio has quietly launched a complementary video streaming service for TV shows and movies, challenging established players iTunes, Netflix and Hulu. A sneak preview of the Vdio service is currently only available to ex...
Millions around the world begin their online day by checking out Facebook's News Feed. But what they see there is about to change. Facebook announced a major overhaul to the News Feed feature at a much-hyped press event at the social networking giant...
Facebook unveiled an updated look for its News Feed on Thursday, showing a feature that is more visual and offers different feeds for drill-down interests.
Facebook is set to unveil an updated News Feed on Thursday and analysts have a wish list of changes that users might welcome.
The social network sent press invitations to a March 7 event at the company's offices in Menlo Park, Calif. "Come see a new look for News Feed," the invite reads.
Firefox for Windows 8
Microsoft has confirmed it will replace Windows Live Messenger, aka MSN Messenger, with Skype on 8 April.
If you have a Twitter account, it’s highly likely that you’re following at least a few Tweeters who are ‘verified’ -- celebrities, high-powered businessmen, sports stars, the (next) Pope.
Commonwealth Bank (CommBank) has unveiled MyWealth (mywealth.com.au), an online platform that enables Australians to create and manage their financial portfolio.
Popular subscription music service Rdio has announced that Australian users can now stream free music on the Web, bringing the service in line with the US.
Twitter has announced a new mobile video sharing service, called Vine, designed to allow users to connect through short video clips in a fashion akin to tweeting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC