Three months after acknowledging multiple vulnerabilities in its popular Reader software and then patching the program, Adobe this week finally provided some details about the bugs.
Broadband - News
Security researcher Aviv Raff has published code that would allow someone to take control of a computer running Internet Explorer, but there's a catch. He's not saying exactly where he's hidden the attack.
The US Federal Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn a secret demand that the Internet Archive, an online library, provide the agency with a user's personal information after the Web site challenged the records request in court.
A Web measurement firm Wednesday blamed a massive online marketing campaign aimed only at nternet Explorer (IE) users for skewing its April data, which said Mozilla's Firefox and Apple's Safari had lost significant amounts of market share.
Adware pushers have found a new way to trick you into downloading their annoying products: fake MP3 files.
Blinkx has decided to package and sell parts of the technology it has developed over time for its video search engine, in an attempt to capitalize on the rapidly increasing amount of online video.
As its stock price plummets, Yahoo's executives must do something tangible and do it quickly to prove to shareholders that fighting a takeover bid by Microsoft was the right thing to do, analysts said this week.
A US judge has ordered the halt to an e-mail campaign by the operators of adult Web sites after complaints by the US Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice that the e-mail messages violated an antispam law.
Sun Microsystems used Tuesday's opening JavaOne Conference keynote to demonstrate its JavaFX client technology for building rich Internet applications (RIA) and announced that the tool set will ship in the northern Autumn.
Two public pension funds from the city of Detroit plan to expand a complaint against Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang and other members of Yahoo's board of directors, saying they failed to act in the best interest of shareholders in rejecting Microsoft's bid to ...
While Yahoo would have given Microsoft's Internet business an immediate boost, Microsoft has closed that chapter and is focused on moving forward, a Microsoft official said Tuesday.
Google is maneuvering to make its Google Reader RSS tool more social by adding features that let users share specific content -- and add notes about why they are sharing it.
WabiSabiLabi, the company best known for building an online marketplace for security flaws, is getting into the hardware business.
Microsoft continues to eat its own dog food to promote the adoption of its Silverlight technology.
Microsoft should consider putting its search-advertising endeavors on the back burner for now and attempt an end run at Google by trying to become a leader in the display-, video- and mobile-advertising markets, where no company is a clear leader yet...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD