Mozilla has identified 10 high-priority bugs in Firefox 3.0, three of them pegged "critical," but won't decide until next week whether to release the browser anyway or restart the final stretch by issuing a second release candidate (RC2).
Broadband - News
Symantec is setting a high bar for performance for the new versions of its security products due in 2009.
There has been a lot of speculation in recent weeks about whether global oil demand could soon outstrip global production capacity. During a panel discussion sponsored by the Internet Innovation Alliance, several experts pondered whether something si...
Despite numerous security measures by online banks and e-commerce sites to secure consumer data, few have been able or even willing to directly protect customers using their sites from phishing scams and data-stealing malware.
Critical vulnerabilities remain in Apple's iCal calendar program, a security company said Wednesday in an advisory that showed months of back-and-forth between Apple and the researchers over whether bugs were serious enough to warrant patches, and if...
After years of closely guarding the formula for its search algorithms, Google is opening up a little.
Facebook is disclosing more details about the planned redesign for its core member profile pages, as it attempts to regain the layout's orderly, streamlined look that had been one of its trademarks and a differentiator from competitors like MySpace.
Wi-Fi moochers beware: eTelemetry has released a new device that's designed to spoil your free ride.
Extending its dominance in the search market, Google grew its share of queries in April at the expense of rivals Yahoo, Microsoft, AOL and Ask.com.
Australia's $8 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) has been set back for at least another 12 weeks, after the government bent under pressure to extend the tender October deadline.
A harbinger of how US consumers may access the Web for entertainment and information, Roku, Wednesday introduced the first player that streams movies from the online, subscription service Netflix to televisions using open source software. Roku's Netf...
Local victims of Nigerian online scams now have a new ally in the fight against fraud with a partnership between the Queensland Police Service, Nigeria's Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and industry.
After vague statements over the last weeks about internal investments that will allow it to compete in search without Yahoo, Microsoft on Wednesday laid out more of its vision for improving on its current "underdog" position in search.
Like Facebook before it, MySpace is having to take corrective steps to curb spam from applications built by external developers using its new application development platform.
The FBI is warning Americans looking to send donations in the aftermath of the massive May 12 earthquake in China to beware of a rising number of e-mail scams that tout "relief" efforts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW