Bebo, operator of the Bebo social networking site, and Microsoft on Tuesday announced an agreement to offer the Windows Live Messenger instant messaging service to Bebo users.
Broadband - News
iiNet has struck a deal with Tomizone Limited, a New Zealand-based company offering services that allows Wi-Fi routers to share Internet bandwidth.
Skype is an easy target for hacking and offers a way inside a corporate network.
Ebay's explanation for last week's failure of its Skype communication service has left many users still wondering what caused the worst outage in Skype's five-year history.
Skype has blamed last week's Windows security updates for triggering a bug in its software that brought down the Internet telephony service for more than 48 hours.
It's the rare Web 2.0 start-up that has the guts to brag that it's resisting a jump onto the Facebook application bandwagon.
A security researcher has published the first exploit against one of the 14 vulnerabilities patched last week by Microsoft, security company Symantec has warned customers.
Skype announced late Friday that all users could now again log on to the voice-over-IP service, marking the end of an outage that affected millions and lasted more than 48 hours.
For all the speed mobile operators are building into their networks, a lot of it doesn't reach subscribers trying to make calls or surf the Web indoors. While some carriers look to Wi-Fi and dual-mode phones to bridge the gap, another technology is c...
Google announced this week new features developed by its Australian R&D team which will soon make Google Maps more accessible to users.
A self-proclaimed hacker crew calling itself "clpwn" -- as in "clown" -- that's been bragging about how it's defaced sites such as CNN and Playboy Casino isn't doing anything earth-shattering, said a security researcher Wednesday. But the group is a ...
Skype's Internet voice service "has not crashed or been victim of a cyber attack," the eBay subsidiary said late Thursday after some users were unable to log on for hours.
Increasing use of stealthy surveillance software for computers and phones is raising legal concerns and alarm among those who help victims of domestic violence.
Microsoft has updated its 64-bit kernel protection for Windows Vista, which most of us know as PatchGuard, but which Microsoft calls Kernel Patch Protection.
A little-known feature in the Windows operating system can lead to big problems for Web surfers.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Financial Forecasting SystemsNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTData ArchitectNSW