Vodafone’s latest 4G modem proves an ideal investment for those who can’t get a fixed line service. The Wi-Fi Cube 4G is manufactured by Huawei, a Chinese company whose core competency is the building of networks, and that includes Vodafone’s own.
Broadband - Reviews
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries...
The Vodafone Pocket WiFi 4G is a Huawei-manufactured, to-the-point dual-band hotspot. It employs a simple design, setup, and operation to get you online via the telecommunication provider’s 4G (LTE) services in not much more than a minute.
Telstra's new portable Wi-Fi 4G Advanced modem includes a colour touch screen and is one of the first hotspot devices globally to support an LTE-Advanced network. It offers excellent speeds provided you are in a 4G coverage zone, though it certainly ...
Optus MVNO Virgin Mobile has offered a 4G service since late 2012, but its WiFi Modem is the first 4G mobile broadband device to launch on the network. It's a little heavy, the battery isn't removable and the speeds it produces simply aren't as fast ...
The Optus 4G Mini WiFi modem is a little chunky and the glossy front won't suit everyone's tastes, but Optus' 4G network offers impressive data speeds provided you're in a 4G coverage zone.
Telstra's pre-paid Wi-Fi 4G modem is the first product targeted at pre-paid users. It offers excellent speeds provided you are in a 4G coverage zone and is competitively priced.
Virgin Mobile's new battery-powered Mini WiFi Modem allows up to eight devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared mobile broadband access. The Optus network used by Virgin isn't as fast or reliable as we'd like, but the modem itself is convenient...
The Telstra pre-paid USB 4G modem promises typical download speeds of between 2 megabits per second (Mbps) and 40Mbps, but you'll only achieve these speeds in currently limited areas of 4G coverage.
Telstra's 4G Wi-Fi modem, simply called the Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G, is Australia's first 4G wireless modem.
America's National Basketball Association (NBA) is one of the leading sports organisations in the world when it comes to embracing technology and delivering content to fans online. Its NBA LeaguePass Broadband package is available to fans worldwide a...
Telstra's USB 4G Modem is the first mobile broadband device in Australia to run on the company's new "4G" LTE network.
Optus is the first telco in Australia to utilise a femtocell product, and it's called the Optus 3G Home Zone. It's a small base station that plugs into your existing wireless router and uses a fixed-line broadband Internet connection to boost mobile ...
Telstra's Ultimate Mobile Wi-Fi modem has a lot of hype to live up to -- Telstra claims it's the world's first commercial, battery-powered dual channel HSPA+ Wi-Fi modem, and says it's the first 3G hotspot in Australia to support the Wi-Fi N standard...
Toshiba recently announced that its upcoming Android tablet, simply named the "Toshiba Tablet" (AT100), will launch in Australia at the end of June. It features a 10.1in capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1280x800, full sized HDMI and USB po...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPData AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial ServicesQLD
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- FTCloud & Office 365 Project ManagerOther
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Node.js DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer/DesignerVIC
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager - Identity Management ProjectOther
- FTC# & ASP.Net / Web Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieQLD
- TPProgram ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther