Vodafone and Telstra have recently launching new mobile broadband solutions, and now Optus has also followed suit.
Broadband - Reviews
As we've seen time and again, in an increasing number of enterprise software categories, open source has become a promising alternative to commercial software. But there's no free ride.
Vodafone Australia today announced price cuts to its range of mobile broadband plans. Vodafone customers on the telco's 5GB and 1GB per month plans will save $10. The 5GB plan will now cost $39.95 per month, while the 1GB plan will be $19.95.
Linksys’ first simultaneous dual-band 802.11n router is one of the best on the market, providing a bevy of features and blisteringly fast speeds.
For its asking price, ASUS’ DSL-N13 offers a fair whack of value. It is easy to set up and maintain, but poor local throughput and Internet speeds are big deterrents.
Lightbox Photo is a server-based software tool that allows you to create your own image-sales site. It was originally designed to allow photographers to set up their own stock libraries rather than signing with Corbis or Getty – but it will interest ...
With built-in Wi-Fi now a regular feature of the latest PCs and notebooks, the role of the humble USB adapter is somewhat diminishing. However, with the expansion of 802.11 draft-n Wi-Fi into homes over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, chances are your co...
The DIR-855 Xtreme N Duo Media Router is the pinnacle of D-Link’s home networking range, providing simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for an optimal connection. It is over the top for simple Internet routing but for a home w...
The Internet is a scary place. Criminal malware lurks on legitimate and illegitimate Web sites alike, looking to steal your money one way or the other. Vendors have been scratching their collective heads attempting to make more consumers safer, more ...
For some time now, Norton security products have been saddled, not unfairly, with the reputation of being hardware resource hogs, slowing down every PC they're installed on. The situation was exacerbated further by the arrival of Vista. But no more. ...
Telstra’s Turbo 7+ Series USB Modem is the latest Next G-compatible device from the telco, providing HSDPA-enabled 3G Internet in a tiny package. Data costs and inadequate support for Mac users may deter people, but this device offers great speeds an...
'Total Security' is a bold claim, so BitDefender Total Security 2009 has a lot to live up to -- and, by and large, it does.
Billing itself as ‘the complete all-in-one Web site design tool’, NetObjects Fusion 11 aims to fit snugly between the lofty space held by Adobe’s pricey but impressive Dreamweaver and a slew of lower-end budget applications, such as Serif’s WebPlus 1...
Among the highlights of Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) are a simplified workflow system, new tools for integrating Flash animations into projects, and expanded support for community features.
Panda Security's latest domestic range comprises three products: Antivirus Pro 2009, Internet Security 2009 and Global Protection 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 2 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTVEC EngineerOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCAgile Project Manager/ SCRUM MasterVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- FTC# ASP.Net Developer - Market Leading Fin-TechOther
- CCCognitive Intelligence Creative ArchitectACT
- FTColdFusion DeveloperOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTIT TrainerOther
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC