The ability to work anywhere, anytime is essential for any student. Thanks to mobile broadband modems it's easy to access the Internet whether you're at home, school or university
Broadband - Roundups
Looking for a tablet on a budget? You should look no further than PC World Australia's best buys. These tablets are a rank of the top 5 models based on perceived value for money.
Are you in the market for a new tablet? See what our expert reviewer's recommend with our editor's choice selections. These tablets are a rank of the top 5 models based on personal selection by the PC World Australia editorial team.
Looking for a new tablet? Why not start with our top rated selections? These tablets are a rank of the top five products based on review scores by the PC World Australia editorial team.
Apple has promoted a one size fits all approach with its 9.7in iPad and iPad 2 tablets, and most of the competition has followed suit with similar sized 10.1in models.
Apple has promoted a one size fits all approach with its 9.7in iPad and iPad 2 tablets, but this doesn't mean you aren't left with other choices.
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 has just hit Australian shores, with prices starting at $579 for the entry level 16GB Wi-Fi version.
2011 has been a massive year for tablets, helped along by the debut of Apple's iPad 2. However despite the year fast approaching its end, there is still plenty of tablets to come in 2011: the most anticipated are Sony's late-arriving Tablet S and Tab...
The Apple iPad is currently the king of the tablet market, but Android tablets are set to have a big say in 2011 and beyond. Samsung, Optus, Telstra and Dell have currently released models in Australia, but the likes of Motorola, HTC, Sony Ericsson a...
Christmas is almost upon us again and now has never been a better time to buy a mobile broadband device. Prepaid USB modems from the likes of Telstra, Optus and Vodafone, along with a range of other products from a variety of manufacturers, let you r...
TV is no longer just about what is broadcast on free-to-air networks. In addition to cable television, the latest TV tech innovations allow you to watch television online in your loungeroom, record and pause live TV, access content on demand, along w...
Apple has played alone in the tablet space for almost a year, but genuine alternatives to the iPad are finally hitting the shelves. This Christmas, at least five tablet devices will be available in Australia, with many more following in 2011. Check o...
Telstra's Next G network, the telco's 3G mobile network that runs on the 850MHz frequency band, is claimed to provide the fastest download speeds of any carrier in Australia. Telstra also promises the widest coverage, claiming to cover 99 per cent of...
Often described as a hotspot in your pocket, a mobile broadband modem with Wi-Fi can have multiple devices connected for shared mobile broadband access over a telco's 3G network. These devices act in a similar manner to regular USB modems to access a...
Mobile broadband is a great option for staying connected when away from home or the office. Whether it's working remotely, or simply as a fall-back option should your fixed broadband connection fail you, lower prices and faster speeds continue to ens...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Internal Security Consultant - TelcoVIC
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- FTSystem Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTTelecom RiggerOther
- FTLevel 2 Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther