Mobile searching has just gotten way, way cooler with the new Google Goggles visual search tool for Android, bringing a high-tech twist to accessing information on the go.
Broadband - Slideshows
Pick up an excellent Android smartphone, fast mobile broadband or a ridiculously cheap Sony LCD TV.
Ericsson Australia has established a regional TV centre in Melbourne to advance the development and adoption of next-generation TV in the emerging era of high-speed broadband communications.
Buying a mobile phone or mobile broadband service can be a daunting task, especially if the tech tools are destined for a Christmas stocking. Many consumers purchase their new mobile phones on a contract, as such it can be hard to track down a bargain -- monthly fees, extra charges for data and confusing terms and conditions can make the whole process a hassle. And that’s before you even factor in the pushy in store salespeople.
The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and a team at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications created Unix browsers between 1991 and 1994, Netscape Navigator made this small piece of desktop software a household name.
Pick up some great tech gear at bargain basement prices including a full HD camcorder, a wireless multifunction printer and a ultra-slim digital camera!
In the tech world, the inventor, originator or driving force behind a new product or technology is typically dubbed "father of the _______".
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
After using Facebook for a while, you notice that people tend to say the same things over and over in their status updates. They are bored at work, they're behind on sleep, they have big news -- or they just want to tell you how generally bitchin' life is. We take a look at the 10 most common kinds of Facebook updates.
Google officially opened its new office in Sydney, Australia today. Three hundred and fifty Australian Googlers will be based in the new headquarters
Google used its annual I/O conference to announce its new Wave communications platform.
Google is mapping the world one street at a time.
Discussion forums are magnets for some of the jerkiest people on the 'Interwebs'. We profile a dozen of the most common and annoying forum jerks--from 'The Antagonist' to 'The Conspiracy Theorist'.
The rocky road to the Rudd government's NBN announcement
Does the Australian community need protecting from the worst the Web has to offer? The government appears to think so. Here's short guide to the rocky road to internet filtering in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPReporting AnalystQLD
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSAP Solutions Architect|Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile / Web DeveloperOther
- FTC# ASP.Net Developer - Market Leading Fin-TechOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistOther
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTGraduate IT Help Desk / Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC