Ensure the Net doesn't ruin your life... or career
Broadband Advisor - Features
Whether you're looking for a job, a party, or long-lost friends, your ideal online meeting place is out there. We'll help you find it.
What is it about April Fools' Day jokes that we love so much? Perhaps it's that, in the midst of the crushing influx of information that many of us cope with daily, a well-constructed prank provides a welcome break. For a moment, we smile, even when ...
Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
The free apps you can't live without.
How to stay secure when gambling online.
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
Don't have enough time to go looking for news and information or even to e-mail friends and colleagues? If so, then try using social networks. We've selected 20 of the most useful social networks for IT professionals. And these networks aren't just f...
The just-released beta 4 version of Firefox 3 shows a browser short on flash and long on important, useful improvements that make browsing the Web easier, faster, safer, and simpler to customize. The primary interface has been somewhat modified to lo...
Mark Zuckerberg, watch your back. Sergey and Larry? Consider early retirement.
Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 1 for developers, released by Microsoft on March 6, offers some fascinating new capabilities. For example, it introduces two new features called Activities and WebSlices that extend the capabilities of the browser by in...
Yesterday, at the MIX08 conference, Microsoft released the first beta of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), which is available for immediate download. It promises several technical enhancements-as well as several philosophical improvements. After a session d...
Social networking is no longer the Next Big Thing; it's now as much part of our Web experience as search engines. Previously considered the province of kids who wanted to keep up with class gossip, social networking services are being co-opted by gro...
Here we show you an artistic image of the online security threats which wreak havoc on the online world.
Verizon's announcement last week that it was launching a flat-rate wireless plan that would allow for unlimited calling had a cascading effect on the US telecom industry, as AT&T and T-Mobile soon followed suit with flat-rate wireless calling plans o...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTProject Manager (Business Applications)NSW
- FTTest ManagerWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD