Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admitted that the National Broadband Network has taken much longer than the government expected, but says the outcome will be worth it.
Broadband Advisor - News
A Sydney CBD Internet cafe has been shut down after an AFP raid found hundreds of thousands of illegally downloaded movies and television shows on the cafe's servers.
Bids for Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) are in and the tender is closed, signalling the end of the year-long battle that has seen vicious fighting between contenders and harsh criticism of the government's broadband policies.
iiNet customers to receive quota-free Xbox Live downloads
Telstra has announced it will pump $5.5 million into a Southern Queensland regional fibre network, 24 hours before the government decides the fate of the National Broadband Network (NBN), one of Australia's largest, most expensive infrastructure deve...
By some measures, the U.S. broadband market is healthy -- prices have fallen, speed has increased and millions of people have become customers in recent years. But customer choices are still limited, and prices could fall even more with more competit...
Nemertes Research continued to throw cold water on the future of the Internet this week, releasing a study projecting that demand for bandwidth on the Web would exceed its capacity by 2012.
How much is spam costing your company? Google unveiled a nifty little calculator Wednesday to help you add it up.
Mozilla Tuesday unveiled a Web application that speeds Firefox customization by offering users several sets of pre-selected add-ons.
Five months after its initial launch in the US, The Soc Exchange.com today announced an Australian version of its popular trading Web site.
A recent news story involves a woman filing for divorce from her husband on the grounds that he was having an affair . . . in the virtual world.
Search engine Google has launched Gmail voice and video chat, making it possible for people around the world to chat in high-quality video for free within Gmail.
Spam volumes plunged by more than 40% after a major bot hosting network was shut down, researchers at IronPort Systems Inc. said Wednesday.
3 Mobile has announced the expansion of its mobile broadband repertoire by introducing a prepaid billing system in time for Christmas. 3 will also allow their mobile broadband subscribers to prepay their Internet for a year if they wish.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC