After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Security & Safety
The first worm that spreads between mobile devices by spamming text messages has developed a new communications capability that one security vendor says signals the arrival of mobile botnets.
Three brothers were sentenced to prison on Tuesday in a London court for creating counterfeit credit and debit cards, defrauding victims of more than £600,000 (US$978,000), according to the Metropolitan Police.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
European laws governing the digitization of content such as books, movies and music need a major re-working in order to keep Europe relevant in the digital age, said the European Commissioner for the information society and telecoms Viviane Reding on Thursday.
When security expert Bruce Schneier tried to sell a used laptop on eBay, he thought it would be easy. Instead, a sale was aborted twice -- first by a scammer using a hacked eBay account and then by a buyer who tried to trick Schneier into sending her the laptop after she cancelled payment.
The Internet has brought new hope to reformists in China since the country crushed pro-democracy protests in the capital 20 years ago. But as dissidents have gone high-tech, the government in turn has worked to restrict free speech on the Internet, stifling threats to its rule that could grow online.
As expected, Adobe patched a zero-day vulnerability in its popular Adobe Reader software Tuesday, marking the second time in three months that it delivered an update on the same day Microsoft issued its monthly fixes.
A year ago, when a Time Magazine reporter told Tan Dailin that he'd been identified as someone who may have hacked the Pentagon, he gasped and asked, "Will the FBI send special agents out to arrest me?"
McAfee has launched a new Web site designed to help cybercrime victims recover from hacker attacks.
Security should be the first consideration for any IT department about to implement voice over IP on a local-area network, an executive with an equipment manufacturer says.
A 23-year-old Romanian man has become the first foreigner to be convicted by a U.S. court for phishing.
2008 was the busiest year yet for online fraudsters according to an annual Internet Crime Report released Monday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Just days after a hacker released code that could be used to attack the Firefox browser, Mozilla developers have a fix.
Cybercrooks have hit on a new twist to their aggressive marketing of fake security software, and are duping users into downloading a file utility that holds users' data for ransom, security researchers warned Wednesday.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CEO of antivirus vendor AVG to step down
- Analysts see alarming development in mobile malware
- UK brothers sentenced for making fake credit, debit cards
- Survey finds one in six consumers act on spam
- EC's Reding calls for shake-up of online copyright laws
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator / Talent Acquisitio ConsultantNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Agile and Business ProcessNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT