Facebook will simplify the way in which it offers privacy options to its users, as it gets ready to give its members for the first time the option to make the content they post on their profiles available to anyone on the Internet.
When competition for IT opportunities is intense, the value of every possible edge is magnified. A recommendation from someone within a potential employer can make the difference between landing an interview and continuing frustration. In many cases, job seekers are calling on the outermost reaches of their networks -- and sometimes beyond -- to find a way in.
The latest generations of server processors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices don't deliver the promised gains in performance, according to the head of technical operations at Facebook, a massive consumer of servers.
Any Web site owner can now put up a stream of Facebook status updates, using a feature that the social networking platform introduced on Wednesday.
CEOs at the top companies in the U.S. are dramatically disconnected from the social networking phenomenon, according to a research report released this week by UberCEO.com, an online news and discussion site that focuses on CEOs at major companies.
Former Yahoo executive Jeff Weiner has been appointed CEO of LinkedIn, where he has served as interim president since January.
SAP and enterprise social-networking vendor Jive said Tuesday they have formed an agreement that will see SAP's BusinessObjects BI OnDemand software integrated with Jive's community and collaboration platform.
If large companies are looking for evidence that a social networking strategy can work, Booz Allen Hamilton may have given them some.
A gaggle of vendors, consultants and end users are set to converge at a Boston hotel Monday for this year's Enterprise 2.0 conference, but it's unclear how many actual IT decision makers will show up with cash in hand.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
Facebook, whose dizzying growth in recent years has been rumored to put a growing strain on its finances, has sold a stake to investment firm Digital Sky Technologies (DST) for US$200 million.
Seven people were indicted this week on charges that they were operating a prostitution ring that advertised exclusively on Craigslist. The indictments are the latest in a series of blows to the Craigslist classified advertising Web site.
For marketers, so-called social ads, which display data and actions from social-network members, can be either gold mines or landmines.
Flock has released a new version of its social browser that improves its links to social-networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Cybercriminals who went after Facebook users with a number of phishing attacks last week have now turned around and begun sending spam messages from the Facebook accounts they cracked.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook simplifies privacy settings, calls them too complex
- New chips don't deliver, Facebook says
- Facebook lets any site add live comment streams
- Study: Top CEOs still shunning Twitter, Facebook
- Former Yahoo exec Weiner takes over as LinkedIn CEO
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC