Browsers are the future of mobile applications and they are just beginning to gain the features that will make new uses of mobile phones compelling, a Google executive said Thursday.
Google will drop the "beta" label from Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Talk in one fell swoop on Tuesday to rid its Apps communication and collaboration suite of this problematic tag that spooks many IT managers and CIOs.
When Yahoo rolls out the new version of its Yahoo.com home page later this year, people will be able to customize it to such a degree that the need for the company's My Yahoo personalized home page service will drop significantly.
Google has created a Web site for developers that is focused exclusively on making Web applications, sites and browsers faster.
Yahoo is adding two features to its SearchMonkey development platform to help site owners enrich the results that their pages generate on Yahoo Search.
Google has brought out a translator toolkit that combines the company's machine translation technology with online tools for manually editing content.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has published guidelines for determining when fraudsters are taking advantage of pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements.
People and organizations who host their Blogger blogs outside of Google have experienced technical problems with the service's FTP publishing functionality, prompting Google to apologize.
Yahoo released on Wednesday an extension to its YQL platform for simplifying how Web applications consume data.
Google committed a major transgression by only including support for a subset of Java classes in its App Engine development platform, according to Sun Microsystems' chief open source officer, Simon Phipps.
Google's new Secure Data Connector could result in a plethora of tie-ups between its productivity software and a range of enterprise applications and data sources.
Google and Yahoo have launched special sites dedicated to coverage of the federal elections starting April 16 in a bid to build their brands among Internet users in the country.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. grew considerably less in 2008 than in prior years, but the mere fact that it increased over 2007 is a positive sign, considering the economic crisis that started last year.
Pixazza is looking to turn any photo on the Web into a miniature online store with a new service it calls "Product in the picture." It likens the service to Google AdSense, except for images instead of text, and has landed US$5.75 million from Google and two investment funds to roll it out.
Google has given its Web search engine an injection of semantic technology, as the search leader pushes into what many consider the future of search on the Internet.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pegs browser as future of mobile apps
- Google scrubs Apps clean of beta labels
- Yahoo aims at customization with new home page
- Google to promote Web speed on new developer site
- Yahoo adds tools to bolster search results
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Customer Communications/DocumentationNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTSenior Java Applications DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD