The WiMax Forum has joined forces with the Femto Forum to speed up the development of femtocells for mobile WiMax networks, the organizations said on Wednesday.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
As announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Telstra's Next G network has recently been upgraded to support download speeds of up to 21 megabits per second (Mbps), making it the fastest mobile broadband network in the world. To take advantage of these new speeds, Telstra has released the Turbo 21 Modem — a mobile broadband modem that connects via a USB port.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Nortel Networks is dropping out of the mobile WiMax business entirely and will end an agreement with Israeli-company Alvarion to resell Alvarion mobile Wimax gear.
The market for WiMax is predicted to decline in 2009, as mobile WiMax is hit both by the economic squeeze and competition from the LTE standard for 4G networks, according to an analyst report.
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
Aruba Networks on Tuesday publicly launched programs to find new uses for Wi-Fi networks, explore future possibilities for wireless networks and study mobile computing's impact on the environment.
A startup called Linxter is set to launch a hosted messaging platform that will enable any Internet-addressable device, application or system to communicate with another.
Startup Quantenna Communications on Tuesday unveiled chips that it hopes Wi-Fi equipment vendors will use to improve the performance of wireless home networking products over the next year.
Vodafone Australia today announced price cuts to its range of mobile broadband plans. Vodafone customers on the telco's 5GB and 1GB per month plans will save $10. The 5GB plan will now cost $39.95 per month, while the 1GB plan will be $19.95.
Just months after the launch of its pre-paid broadband service, Optus is reducing the value it delivers to users.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Groups combine efforts to push WiMax femtocells
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- iiNet customers to get free Wi-Fi at Starbucks
- Telstra boosts mobile broadband to 21Mbps, 42Mbps to come
- Nortel exits mobile WiMax to focus on high-return tech
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTInfrastructure DesignerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW