Pick up an excellent Android smartphone, fast mobile broadband or a ridiculously cheap Sony LCD TV.
Desktop PCs - Features
Google's Chrome OS event made me realize: There is a lot in Google's OS that can benefit Microsoft--like giving it a completely new platform and one it needs. If Google is really true to its open source promises, Microsoft should join the fun.
Thursday Google opened its doors to the press to show off its hotly anticipated Chrome operating system. In a small auditorium in Mountain View, California, Google VP of Product Development Sundar Pichai took to the stage to give us a demonstration o...
Tomorrow's hot ticket is for the Chrome OS event at Google HQ down in Mountain View. Chrome OS has already caught many imaginations, as something exciting often does, especially before the real world interrupts the fantasy.
Google Chome OS, which Google is expected to preview this Thursday, has been the subject of much speculation and rumors since its announcement last summer, when Google made public its plans to develop a lightweight, open-source Linux-based OS aimed p...
It may be the biggest snafu Microsoft's seen since Vista.
Windows 7 may be brand spanking new, but that doesn't mean you can't find free or cheap tools to tweak its settings, add features, or smooth an upgrade from XP or Vista. We've compiled a list of ten valuable software tools -- many of them free -- th...
Now that Windows 7 is here, you have some decisions to make. Microsoft has a virtual smorgasbord of options to choose from and it can get a little tricky trying to figure out which flavor of Windows 7 you should choose.
Just as with Windows Vista, one of the big questions you face when going to pick up a new computer is whether to install the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
It's been almost a week since Windows 7's official launch, and a ton of information and opinion is out there surrounding Microsoft's latest operating system. On the one hand, you have positive reports of Windows 7 helping extend battery life, install...
Amazon's extending its electronic bookstore onto your desktop. The company announced plans for a Kindle for PC desktop application at Microsoft's Windows 7 launch event Thursday.
If all had gone according to plan, Lenovo Group Ltd. today would be trading elbows with Dell Inc. for the second spot in the PC market, while preparing for a showdown with market leader, Hewlett-Packard Co.
I have a confession: I'm a switcher. My long journey with Windows, which began even before Windows with MS-DOS, ended with Windows Vista. While so many others navigated the Vista debacle by sticking with Windows XP, I gave Vista a try -- and gave up....
For many, the official release of a new Microsoft operating system--such as Windows 7--is just the starting of a clock. They will not buy the new OS until Service Pack 1 is released.
Having trouble deciding whether to upgrade to Microsoft's newest? If so, you may be better off waiting. Upgrading to Windows 7 is not a no-brainer for most users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest LeadWA
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTDevOps ConsultantOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTTelecom RiggerOther