If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
Desktop PCs - News
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Despite a few annoyances, Samsung's DeX dock for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ provides a remarkably PC-like experience, and might compel you to leave your laptop at home.
After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 60.3 million units in the first quarter of 2017, growing by just 0.6 percent compared to the same quarter the previous year, according to IDC.
You will soon be able to use Microsoft's Cortana voice assistant with the Raspberry Pi 3 and make cool devices that can accept voice commands.
Built using Intel's new Micro Mini ITX formfactor, this pocket gaming rig has all the power and all the upgrades of a full size PC but fits in your pocket.
IDG.tv's Jimmy Conrad takes the Surface Studio for a test drive to see if it can elevate his already incredibly polished drawing skills.
Intel's Itanium chip is hanging by a thread, and after more than three years, the company is now shipping the next and possibly final version of the processor, which is code-named Kittson.
Meet DragonBoard 820c, a supercharged board computer that will make Raspberry Pi 3 look like a turtle.
Microsoft's program allowing potential customers to try a Surface Hub for 30 days before buying it will start on Feb. 15.
Samsung has scrapped its Raspberry Pi 3 competitor called Artik 10 as it moves to create smaller and more powerful boards to create gadgets, robots, drones and IoT devices.
Google wants to bring smarts to cool gadgets and devices made using Raspberry Pi 3 or Intel's Edison.
Does your Windows laptop work fine at home but show a ‘limited connectivity error’ at work? A few simple changes can resolve this problem.
The teardown masters at iFixit got their hands on a Surface Studio earlier than expected. Inside, they found swappable storage drives and a dedicated ARM processor for the display.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
- HP rises again to be the world's top PC maker as Lenovo slips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCData Warehouse Solution DesignersACT
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- FTManaging Architect - Satellite spaceVIC
- FTDelivery CoordinatorSA
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW