HP's Omen Desktop is upping its game, shedding the old, boring box with "gaming facade stapled on" for a bigger, faster, and slicker design that's better-equipped for serious gameplay.
Desktop PCs - News
Intel is making good on a CES promise to launch a computer that is small enough to fit inside your wallet or purse. At Computex on Tuesday, it showed off the first Compute Card systems.
Dell's Inspiron 27 7000 breaks many AiO stereotypes with its game-ready Ryzen-Radeon configurations and upgradable design.
Nvidia's new GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs guarantee your gaming experience, and for the first time, include AMD processors.
Element 14's Pi Desktop kit includes everything you need to transform the Raspberry Pi 3 into a low-powered HTPC, including an mSATA interface for an SSD.
If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Despite a few annoyances, Samsung's DeX dock for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ provides a remarkably PC-like experience, and might compel you to leave your laptop at home.
After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 60.3 million units in the first quarter of 2017, growing by just 0.6 percent compared to the same quarter the previous year, according to IDC.
You will soon be able to use Microsoft's Cortana voice assistant with the Raspberry Pi 3 and make cool devices that can accept voice commands.
Built using Intel's new Micro Mini ITX formfactor, this pocket gaming rig has all the power and all the upgrades of a full size PC but fits in your pocket.
IDG.tv's Jimmy Conrad takes the Surface Studio for a test drive to see if it can elevate his already incredibly polished drawing skills.
Intel's Itanium chip is hanging by a thread, and after more than three years, the company is now shipping the next and possibly final version of the processor, which is code-named Kittson.
Meet DragonBoard 820c, a supercharged board computer that will make Raspberry Pi 3 look like a turtle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- TPNetwork & System SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- FTProject Manager (Rail/Control Signals)Other
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTProject OfficerOther