Microsoft registered more than 1.5 million downloads of its free antivirus software in the week after it shipped.
Desktop PCs - News
Of every 100 North American corporate PCs, 88 are powerful enough to run Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 7 operating system, which is much higher than the 50% of PCs with the minimum specifications to run Windows Vista at its launch three years ago, accord...
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Nearly 90 per cent of existing desktops and laptops within corporations can support Windows 7, but many of those assets are aging and will provide only limited grease on the skids of a migration to the new Microsoft operating system, according to a s...
Acer overtook Dell as the world's second-largest computer vendor during the third quarter, as the PC market showed signs of coming back to life, IDC said on Wednesday.
Is your IT organization ready for Windows 7? You're running out of time. Microsoft will ship the new version of Windows on Oct. 22.
Reinforcing its lead in the nascent touchscreen PC market, Hewlett-Packard Co. announced three new touch-enabled Windows 7 PCs on Tuesday, including two all-in-one desktops that let users control Web videos from Hulu and Netflix by tapping on the scr...
Hewlett-Packard sees businesses in the future adopting touchscreens, but the technology needs further development to be an alternative to keyboards and mice in corporate environments, a company executive said.
Microsoft's introduction of Windows 7 later this month won't cost Apple any Mac sales, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Windows 7 is not even out the door yet and rumors are already circulating about the next version of Microsoft's OS, Windows 8.
Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system boots slower than its unloved predecessor, Windows Vista, a PC tune-up developer said today.
Microsoft announced today that it will abandon its decades-old Works entry-level suite, and will instead offer a stripped-down, advertising-supported version of Office 2010 on new PCs next year.
Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
There used to be something no self-respecting Mac owner would do: Admit to owning a Windows PC. Now, a whopping 85 percent of Mac owners 'fess up.
Windows 7 will add 25,000 jobs to the U.S. and "do its bit" to help the economy climb out of the crisis, says IDC in a new study.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions ArchitectWA
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTJAVA Programmer/DeveloperSA
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther