Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
Desktop PCs - News
There used to be something no self-respecting Mac owner would do: Admit to owning a Windows PC. Now, a whopping 85 percent of Mac owners 'fess up.
Windows 7 will add 25,000 jobs to the U.S. and "do its bit" to help the economy climb out of the crisis, says IDC in a new study.
Google posted ads on its search results over the weekend that hinted Apple will soon refresh its iMac, Mac mini and MacBook lines.
The Florida company entangled with Apple in two federal courts said today it would license its technology to other clone makers so they could offer Mac knock-offs to their customers.
Windows 7 is right around the corner. The official release date is Oct. 22, but some PC makers will ship it before then.
The free Windows 7 upgrades that Microsoft has promised buyers of new PCs powered by Vista are not always free, a consumer watchdog Web site said today.
Microsoft today lifted the curtain on its Microsoft Security Essentials, the free successor to its OneCare security program.
Windows Vista users (and IT folks taking care of Server 2008 computers) should watch out for a new security hole involving Windows file sharing. A remote attacker could assume full control of a vulnerable computer by exploiting a flaw in the SMB prot...
Before Windows 7's arrival, touchscreen support wasn't part of the Windows operating system itself. Instead, all-in-one PC vendors resorted to stopgaps ranging from elegant (HP's growing TouchSmart software suite) to kludgy (touchscreen apps from MSI...
Dell today announced a the newest addition to its workstation desktop range, the Precision T1500. It is the cheapest workstation in the manufacturer's range and the first on the international market to gain certification from CAD software developer A...
The Laptop Hunters be darned, Apple is not just a brand for the rich and trendy.
Moore's Law will keep going strong for decades, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicts.
During the second IDF 2009 keynote, by Sean Maloney (Exec. VP and General Manager of Intel Architecture Group), we were briefly treated to the first public demonstration of Intel's upcoming enthusiast GPU code-named Larrabee. Intel has stated in the ...
Microsoft has told beta testers of its free antivirus software that it will release the final version to the public soon.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel ships latest Itanium chip called Kittson, but grim future looms
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSenior BANSW
- FTBusiness Consultant - AccountingWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTRecords Management Adviser - EL1ACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Hybris DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MifidVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD