Microsoft's revenue declined 17 percent and net income declined 29 percent year over year in its fiscal 2009 fourth quarter due to continued weakness in global sales of PCs and servers, the company reported Thursday.
Desktop PCs - News
The much-maligned Windows Vista operating system runs on almost one out of eight corporate desktops 28 months after its release, according to a Forrester Research report released today.
Although even the best-connected users can't get their hands on Windows 7's final code until Aug. 6, people willing to pirate the new operating system can download it today from several file-sharing sites, searches show.
As anticipated, Microsoft this afternoon announced that it had finished work on Windows 7, declaring that the new operating system had met the "release to manufacturing" (RTM) milestone.
Microsoft has announced this afternoon that Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. In other words, Windows 7 development has wrapped up, and it'll now go on to PC manufacturers so they can prepare for October's Windows 7 launch.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed upgrade paths from old Windows editions to its upcoming Windows 7 OS, saying that Europeans will not be able to directly upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed how its partners and business customers can get their hands on Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) code, which will be available next month on different days for different sets of users.
The price of DRAM computer memory chips is on the rise as global PC makers gear up for back-to-school and holiday sales later this year, which could be stronger than expected due to the arrival of Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system.
Intel dropped prices of some quad-core desktop processors on Sunday as it gets ready to launch processors based on the new Nehalem chip architecture.
In an historic move, Microsoft Monday submitted driver source code for inclusion in the Linux kernel under a GPLv2 license.
Windows 7 and Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, will be under close watch when the company reports its financial earnings this week.
With the aim to reclaim desk space, Dell on Thursday announced its first all-in-one PC for small-and-medium businesses.
Microsoft's upcoming retail stores won't just be similar in concept to Apple's -- they'll also be similar in location. Microsoft will open its retail stores near Apple's existing locations, a company spokesperson confirms, possibly even as close as r...
Demand for IT professionals with strong Linux skills will surge as a result of Google's upcoming release of the Chrome operating system, according to recruitment agency CV Screen.
PC shipments were slightly stronger than expected in the second quarter, propped up by consumer spending and lower prices, according to IDC research released on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTProgram Communications SpecialistOther
- FTMicrosoft Exchange Engineer- Azure & Cloud X2Other
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW