Microsoft has announced this afternoon that Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing. In other words, Windows 7 development has wrapped up, and it'll now go on to PC manufacturers so they can prepare for October's Windows 7 launch.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed upgrade paths from old Windows editions to its upcoming Windows 7 OS, saying that Europeans will not be able to directly upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Microsoft on Tuesday detailed how its partners and business customers can get their hands on Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) code, which will be available next month on different days for different sets of users.
The price of DRAM computer memory chips is on the rise as global PC makers gear up for back-to-school and holiday sales later this year, which could be stronger than expected due to the arrival of Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system.
Intel dropped prices of some quad-core desktop processors on Sunday as it gets ready to launch processors based on the new Nehalem chip architecture.
In an historic move, Microsoft Monday submitted driver source code for inclusion in the Linux kernel under a GPLv2 license.
Windows 7 and Microsoft's new search engine, Bing, will be under close watch when the company reports its financial earnings this week.
With the aim to reclaim desk space, Dell on Thursday announced its first all-in-one PC for small-and-medium businesses.
Microsoft's upcoming retail stores won't just be similar in concept to Apple's -- they'll also be similar in location. Microsoft will open its retail stores near Apple's existing locations, a company spokesperson confirms, possibly even as close as r...
Demand for IT professionals with strong Linux skills will surge as a result of Google's upcoming release of the Chrome operating system, according to recruitment agency CV Screen.
PC shipments were slightly stronger than expected in the second quarter, propped up by consumer spending and lower prices, according to IDC research released on Wednesday.
Opera Software, the Norwegian browser maker that sparked an antitrust investigation into Microsoft business practices in Europe, remains dissatisfied with its rival's move to dump IE8 from Windows 7.
Microsoft gave an update on Windows 7 this week, outlining a timeline for the release of the upcoming operating system to manufacturers. The company noted that you shouldn't "believe everything you read on the Internet" and proceeded to set the recor...
Business customers can start ordering Windows 7 beginning Sept. 1, slightly ahead of the general release of the OS the next month, Microsoft unveiled on Monday.
Microsoft will include a feature that lets people run applications in a Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to ensure that applications not designed for the forthcoming OS can run on it, a company executive said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- CCJunior Network Designer - Telco - GISVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- TPIT TrainerQLD
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT