After months of problems that delayed the last two betas of Firefox 3.5, Mozilla Corp. is now on track to deliver the first release candidate early next month.
Desktop PCs - News
Mac users have reported an unusual number of problems installing Mac OS X 10.5.7, the huge security and feature update that Apple unveiled yesterday.
Intel Corp. said today it intends to appeal the European Commission's $1.44 billion fine for anticompetitive behavior in the chip market, with CEO Paul Otellini arguing that the EC "ignored or disregarded" evidence "refuting" its judgment.
Apple today patched 67 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, including two bugs that researchers used in March to walk off with $5,000 each in a noted hacking contest.
Microsoft Windows 7 pirated versions have been found with hard-to-detect trojans intended for cybercrime purposes, according to a security firm.
Microsoft yesterday said it would begin shipping early copies of Office 2010 to invite-only users in July, and has begun taking names for possible invitations to the preview.
Parallels is developing a tool that will allow users to run Windows XP applications on machines running Windows 7.
Microsoft will make Windows 7 available to businesses and consumers in time for the typically busy holiday shopping season in the fourth quarter of the year, according to company officials.
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
While UK PC sales slid by 5.1 percent in the first quarter of 2009, Apple's Mac sales grew 6.6 percent to take the company into the UK top five for the first time (replacing Fujitsu Siemens).
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Mozilla's developers have announced plans to add application multi-threading to Firefox over the next two years, a feature already partially enabled in its main rivals, IE8 and Google Chrome.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTHead of Quality AssuranceNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTSenior Technical Engineer - MacVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTNBNJP00001080 - Facilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTChange Analyst, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTWorkspace/ Workplace Lead/ Manager - ABW environmentOther
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst (Report Analyst)Other
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Architect/Strategy AnalystVIC
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther