Microsoft Windows 7 pirated versions have been found with hard-to-detect trojans intended for cybercrime purposes, according to a security firm.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft yesterday said it would begin shipping early copies of Office 2010 to invite-only users in July, and has begun taking names for possible invitations to the preview.
Parallels is developing a tool that will allow users to run Windows XP applications on machines running Windows 7.
Microsoft will make Windows 7 available to businesses and consumers in time for the typically busy holiday shopping season in the fourth quarter of the year, according to company officials.
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
While UK PC sales slid by 5.1 percent in the first quarter of 2009, Apple's Mac sales grew 6.6 percent to take the company into the UK top five for the first time (replacing Fujitsu Siemens).
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Mozilla's developers have announced plans to add application multi-threading to Firefox over the next two years, a feature already partially enabled in its main rivals, IE8 and Google Chrome.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
What Microsoft gives, it takes away.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTEnterprise Liferay DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- TPIT Procurement Officer - Multiple PositionsQLD
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW