Microsoft Corp. Tuesday announced it had wrapped up work on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, but said it could be months before users get their hands on the upgrade to the problem-plagued operating system.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday confirmed it met the deadline for replying to European Union (EU) antitrust allegations that the company "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition by bundling the browser with Windows.
Several of Japan's largest electronics companies have halted business trips to Mexico after a deadly outbreak of swine flu in the country.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
Mozilla Corp. late Monday released Firefox 3.5 Beta 4, the latest development preview of the company's next browser, which has been delayed several times and now is tentatively slated to ship before the end of June.
Trusted Platform Modules and BitLocker Drive Encryption can protect Windows 7 computers against a bootkit attack unveiled last week but these technologies won't be available on a large portion of computers, leaving millions of users unprotected when ...
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Technology that changes how people give commands to computers could make touch-based PCs more popular and transform the traditional desktop into a "room computer" in coming years, a Microsoft executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft will drop Office 2004 for Mac from its support list in six months, the company confirmed Tuesday.
One of the most hated features of Windows Vista will be seen a third less often by users of the upcoming Windows 7, a Microsoft executive promised Monday.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Some of Dell's online outlet stores, where it sells refurbished PCs, were unable to process orders Saturday due to an apparent technical error.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTPractice Director Design – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- CCSAP CRM, ABAP, FIORI & UI5 ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA