The HP Pavilion Slimline S5380a desktop PC is small and well-priced, though it doesn't come with a monitor. It's equipped with a mid-range Core i3 processor, which is more than enough for homework and even some light video editing, while its graphics...
Desktop PCs - Reviews
Dell's Inspiron Zino HD is an attractive, Windows-based nettop that's an alternative to other small form factor PCs like Apple's Mac Mini. It offers plenty of connections and has good performance for basic computing, but slow high-definition video de...
HP's Pavilion Elite HPE-190a is a high-end desktop PC with a Core i7 processor, plenty of memory and a chassis design that isn't hideous. It has a mid-range graphics card, which means this PC isn't the ultimate rig for gaming; it's better suited as a...
Acer's Aspire M5811 is a good-looking little tower PC that's perfect for home users and students. It's reasonably small, has lots of easy-to-reach ports, and, best of all, it's very quick. It's based on Intel's Core i5-650 CPU and it has 4GB of DDR3 ...
HP's TouchSmart 300-1060a is an all-in-one PC with a 20in touch screen and a triple-core CPU, which makes it powerful enough for entertainment as well as serious work. The touch screen is a big part of the appeal of this desktop PC, though it can be ...
If you're looking for a home PC that won't create clutter, Dell's Inspiron One 19 is a cheap all-in-one PC with decent performance. However, we wish it was equipped with better Wi-Fi.
Lenovo's ThinkCentre A70z (1165A2M) is an all-in-one desktop PC that's designed to save space yet still provide good performance when running office applications. It's aimed at business users, but its compact footprint and the ease with which it can ...
HP's Pavilion All-In-One MS214a desktop PC isn't a powerhouse by any means, but it is a more capable machine than some other PCs we've seen at the same price point. If you want to avoid ugly technology in the living room, this all-in-one is a decent ...
HP's Pavilion MS212a is a slim, all-in-one desktop PC. It's reasonably priced, but intrusive software and low-power components mean it can't be used for anything more than Web browsing, watching standard-definition media and running basic office appl...
The ASUS Eee Top ET2002 is an all-in-one PC with a 20in touch-screen display and the latest Intel Atom CPU and NVIDIA graphics for mainstream users. It's designed for everyday tasks such as Web browsing, office work and playing videos and music; it w...
The Acer AspireRevo R3610 nettop is blessed with HDMI output and 1080p video playback.
It's a tough market for inexpensive all-in-one desktops. Limitations on applicable system components tend to average out these systems' general performance. That's what makes even the smallest of features critical to a system's success--or in the Vie...
Touch screen PCs haven't yet changed the way we compute at home or in the office — most of us are still more comfortable using a mouse to move the cursor rather than prodding or dragging our fingers across a screen. Sony's VAIO L Series (VPCL11...
The ASRock Ion 330HT-BD is a 'nettop' desktop PC with Intel's Atom 330 1.6GHz dual-core processor and NVIDIA ION integrated graphics. It has hardware acceleration to play back 1080p Blu-ray video free of any stuttering or buffering, and the integrate...
Apple's refreshed iMac desktop computer is cheaper but more powerful than its predecessor, and it features a more vibrant display. If you're still a Windows user or have an older Mac, the latest iMac is certainly tempting. However, we weren't impress...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTUnix Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FT.Net Developer (Senior)WA
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther