As manufacturers produce more megazoom cameras with similarly astounding capabilities (the 26mm-to-624mm-equivalent lens that's now de rigueur comes to mind), pinpointing the features that make a camera unique becomes more difficult. For the Kodak Ea...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
The sliding lens cover and a lack of physical menu buttons differentiate the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T900 from other compact digital cameras on the market — and it is definitely a compact camera. It's only 1.8cm thick, 10cm wide and 6.2cm tall, and...
Sony's Cyber-shot DSC-W180 is a compact digital camera for users who want something that's simple to use easy to carry in a shirt or pants pocket. It has a 10.3-megapixel CCD sensor, a 2.7in LCD screen, a 35-105mm zoom lens, and it's a largely automa...
It may look like a product from a bygone era, but the Olympus Pen E-P1 is a digital camera that employs advanced technology. It's a small camera and can use multiple lenses (like an SLR camera). It also produces some amazing pictures.
Panasonic's LUMIX DMC-FS7 is a compact digital camera that's simple to use, and it takes excellent photos. It has a minimal set of controls, it's small enough to slide into a side pocket, and it's well suited to taking photos at parties and other cas...
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FS15 is a 12-megapixel digital camera that packs a 5x zoom lens and good optical image stabilisation into a thin, well-built body. Up against stiff competition from the [[artnid:304195|Canon IXUS 100 IS|Review: Canon IXUS 100 ...
The Kodak EasyShare M340 is a 10.2-megapixel point-and-shoot digital camera equipped with a 3x optical zoom lens (and a 5x digital zoom).
The Sony DSC-T90 is a 12.1 megapixel ultra-compact digital camera with a 4x optical zoom lens and a large, 3in touch-screen LCD. Despite its slim design it is easy to use and the images that it produces are well balanced and vibrant.
Samsung's NV24HD strays a long way from the conventional design of a compact digital camera. It offers a couple of features that aren't found on other compact digital cameras, such as a dedicated dial for selecting the photo style you want, and it al...
The Kodak EasyShare M320 is an entry-level compact camera that has been designed for basic point-and-shoot situations. It comes equipped with a 9.2-megapixel CCD sensor, a 3x optical zoom lens and a small handful of consumer-friendly features.
A mid-range digital camera is often the best choice for a user who wants an easy to use device but one that will also let them change settings when they want to get creative. Canon's PowerShot SX200 IS is exactly that type of camera. It's the middle ...
FujiFilm's Finepix F60fd is the entry-level offering in the company’s ‘F’ series of midrange compact cameras. It combines a 3x optical zoom (35-105mm) lens, a 12-megapixel sensor and a 3in LCD display — all in an attractive, pocket-sized body. ...
The Transcend 720 does seem serious about transcending genres. Not only is it a digital photo frame, but it is also an FM radio, a video player, and an MP3 player. The device's built-in 2GB of memory makes it easy to amass a big collection without us...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 is one of the new hybrid digital still cameras that can be used to shoot good quality video. At its core, the Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 is an advanced compact camera, but it's capable of shooting video at the full high-definition...
As one would expect from D-Link--a company known for its networking products--its picture frame (US$210) is Wi-Fi-enabled. This 800-by-480-pixel, 10-inch frame comes with a snap-on white border, but I preferred the all-black, modern look. The D-Link ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD