From India to Hungary to the United States in wildlife preserves and at the beach, photographers have always been going everywhere. However, drones have added an exciting new possibility to photography, and if the shots captured in the last few years are any indication, we’re going to see some increasingly incredible things.
Digital Cameras - Slideshows
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Check out some of the choice images that Richard I'Anson, a Canon Master, captured of Sydney's Vivid light show. They showcase his stunning composition and attention to detail. There is also an insight into the settings used for each photograph. Enjoy.
Olympus has just announced its Stylus SH-2 ultra-zoom camera, and it looks like a little beauty.
Nikon's Coolpix P900 camera takes zooming to a whole new level, with a lens that can go from a wide angle of 24mm, all the way in to a tele-zoom angle of 2000mm. That's an 83x optical zoom capability, and Nikon has even added a feature called Dynamic Fine Zoom that can take that to 4000mm, or 166x.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
The full-frame EOS 5D series just got a major jolt of pixels.
Editorial Director, Mike Gee, took out his new Canon 6D and snapped off this slideshow of the Sydney's alternate 9pm fireworks display - the Manly fireworks show. A very happy and prosperous New Year to you all.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
With so many people in and around the displays at Sydney's Sculpture by the Sea, it's hard to take the time to set up your camera for optimal results. In this situation, auto mode can be your friend. We used the Nikon Coolpix P7800 in auto mode to capture the annual festival. See how well it handled the job in the following 52 photos.
Panasonic's new GX7 has a built-in, articulated electronic viewfinder, uses a new 16-megapixel sensor, and has Wi-Fi to talk directly with your smartphone or tablet. We'll have our full review up soon, but for now here are some sample images of the kind of photo the GX7 can produce.
Samsung's new NX300 camera was launched in Australia yesterday. It's a 'compact system camera', with interchangeable lenses like a digital SLR, and a picture sensor that's just as big as most high-end cameras.
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
We had an opportunity to test-drive Panasonic's new FT5 tough camera a few days ago, so we took it for a walk along the Adelaide waterfront.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- FTProject AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW