Companies running mobile web sites can integrate content from Google Docs, Picasa or Flickr to create mobile mashups adapted for any phone with a browser using updated software from Volantis Systems, the company said on Wednesday.
Digital Convergence - News
A new, cube-shaped radio called the elements W supports both Internet radio and good old FM broadcasts and is on sale now, Germany's Sonoro Audio announced at the IFA electronics show in Berlin on Wednesday.
LG Electronics is on the verge of launching a new range of LCD (liquid crystal display) and plasma TV sets in Europe that feature Bluetooth wireless networking, the company said Wednesday at the IFA electronics show in Berlin.
TDK Life on Record has expanded its range of Blu-ray removable media with the release of 8cm, single-sided, 7.5GB capacity camcorder media in both recordable and re-writable formats offering up to 60 minutes of full HD recording.
Samsung Electronics and Adidas have joined the race against Apple and Nike to offer people a device that plays music and keeps track of workouts.
Gadgets have always taken center stage at the Consumer Electronics Show, but this year more than ever, even the coolest devices seem to be mere means to an end -- access to content and services whenever and wherever you want them.
Online book seller and retail chain Dymocks has taken a leap into electronic publishing with the launch of Dymocks Digital, allowing customers to purchase audible and digital forms of the traditional paper book.
BitTorrent wants to shake up the way content is streamed online by taking its method for downloading large files and applying it to multimedia streaming.
Microsoft will take another crack at blending social networking with digital music next month with the release of new Zune music players and a renewed campaign to promote song sharing.
As high-definition TV continues its seemingly unstoppable march around the world, engineers at Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC) are busy working on cameras for a next generation system.
Sony unveiled the world's first OLED (organic light-emitting diode) television on Monday, pushing the limits of thin-screen displays further than ever before.
NBC said this week that it will let you watch some of its biggest shows on your PC for free during the week after the programs originally air. It's the first phase of a new video on demand service called "NBC Direct." The shows that will become avail...
The Ten Network announced plans this week to launch Australia's first free to air High Definition digital television channel.
In what may be the first action of its kind in the US, the Software Freedom Law Center has filed a lawsuit to enforce an open-source license.
Digital rights management (DRM) technology used in MP3s, DVDs, and most consumer software may be violating Canadian privacy laws, according to a new report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW