Intel has agreed to buy the assets of a U.K. company that makes components for building digital TVs and other consumer electronics gear, it announced Friday.
Digital Convergence - News
PlayStation Portable users looking to modify their gaming system so it can run software that has not been approved by Sony may find themselves running nothing at all. Ever.
"If Sony has any sense at all, they should be content with the money they make," Eddy Stevens said after his landmark victory against Sony Computer Entertainment Australia in the High Court of Australia on October 6.
The likely format battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc is bad enough for those eagerly awaiting the availability of favorite movies on high definition video discs, but soon there could be another reason to switch off to the new formats: many curren...
Toshiba has developed a digital video camera based on its miniature hard-disk drive and is showing it for the first time at the Ceatec Japan 2005 show currently taking place in Japan.
Processor designer Arm's latest core design, the Cortex A8 processor, could be the core that allows ARM and its partners to expand their products beyond mobile phones and into the future digital home, company executives said Tuesday.
Intel, which last week expressed support for the HD-DVD format for high-definition video discs, is open to also supporting the rival Blu-ray Disc format should its backers commit to allowing the copying of content from discs onto home multimedia serv...
Personalized ringtones, ringback and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) are some of the services Chinese users prefer today and WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) services have already gained 15 million subscribers, an executive at China Mobile (Hon...
Mobile content and entertainment providers took the keynote stage at CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment on Wednesday and described a sunny future for music and mobile operators, video vendors and consumers.
Microsoft and Intel have decided to back HD-DVD, the next-generation DVD format being developed by the DVD Forum, the companies said in a joint statement.
SanDisk took a step it hopes will transform the mobile media business, unveiling a storage technology called TrustedFlash that integrates digital rights management (DRM) into a flash memory card.
The music industry, shaken by decreasing CD sales, is turning to a high-tech, legal approach to the old "bootleg" concept of concert recordings.
Also Technology is adding Casio's digital cameras and Maxell's digital media to build up its digital covergence products.
In a bid to cut costs for local electronics makers, Chinese researchers plan to develop a version of the next-generation HD-DVD optical disc format specifically for China that will include support for a locally developed video compression technology,...
A major science industrial park in southern Taiwan says it already has commitments from 10 companies to invest NT$24.1 billion (AUD$956 million) in a specially zoned area for the production of LCD-TVs (liquid crystal display televisions), the latest ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW