After lining up several big-name telecommunication service providers to offer its new IPTV (Internet Protocol television) technology, Microsoft is now following up with a list of companies to provide optimized set-top boxes, and with a new system-on-...
Digital Convergence - News
Don't be surprised if someday in the bar or hotel lobby, the pillows or drapes in front of you suddenly light up and display some luxury goods. At the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, Philips Electronics is demonstrating new photonic textiles...
Consumers looking for a fist-size, high-performance camcorder may want to check out the 3CCD SD Video Camera SDR-S100 from Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd., better known by its Panasonic brand name.
Mitsubishi Electric has given BCN Technology access to its complete range of IT products as part of a reshuffle of its wholesale channel.
A format battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc in the race to replace DVD looks increasingly inevitable as time quickly runs out for a compromise. Supporters of both formats agree that compromise would benefit the entire industry but talks are stall...
Blu-ray Disc, one of two formats being promoted as a replacement for today's DVDs, picked up support this week from Lions Gate Home Entertainment and Universal Music Group.
The PSP will launch in Australia as the Swiss Army Knife for the digital age, combining games, movies, photos and music with new features such as Web browsing at wireless hotspots and sporting coverage from Telstra Bigpond.
Hewlett-Packard has decided to stop reselling Apple Computer's popular iPod music player, representatives from both companies confirmed Friday.
Canon is launching four camcorders for the international market in the coming months, and the lineup includes its first models that record to DVD.
In an effort to drive up sales of locally produced Media Center PCs, Microsoft has undertaken to work more closely with systems builders, third-party technology developers and the non-mass merchant channel.
A startup claims it has a programmable cellular phone chip that can handle the communications processing for a wide range of protocols, as well as multimedia and application processing, which could drive down handset prices or help add network capabi...
Cisco's Linksys division last week acquired KiSS Technology, a Danish maker of networked home entertainment devices.
Panasonic plans in late August to put on sale three new Lumix digital still cameras. The lineup includes a model capable of shooting in a 16:9 aspect ratio, and another model that has a 19X optical zoom, the company said at a news conference held in ...
Sony and Konica Minolta Photo Imaging will jointly develop digital single lens reflex (SLR) cameras, the companies said this week.
A subsidiary of Giga-byte Technology, one of Taiwan's top computer component makers, launched its first Gigabyte-brand mobile phone Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPData AnalystQLD