The Samsung HT-BD2E is a powerful home theatre system with a built-in Blu-ray disc player. It doesn’t offer all the features of the Panasonic SC-BT105 (which has an integrated iPod dock) or the LG HT903WA (with its wireless rear speakers), but whatev...
Digital Convergence - Reviews
Nikon's 6.1-megapixel D50 digital SLR model fits nicely into the latest digital camera trend: making interchangeable-lens photography accessible to shooters who don't have deep pockets.
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
Roxio's Easy Media Creator (EMC) 7.5 Supersonic is the result of years of acquisitions within the specialist media software industry. It pulls together tools such as VideoWave Photosuite, that Roxio inherited when it bought out MGI, and adds the appl...
Microsoft recently released a developers' alpha version of Longhorn at its Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC). After playing with it for a few hours, I can tell you that Longhorn is far from complete, but what I saw looked great.
ACDSee 7.0 makes it easier to organise, search and manipulate your digital images and this version offers faster-than-ever transfer and viewing speeds.
The Pixma MP130 is Canon's answer to Epson's $209 Stylus CX3500 MFD (multi-function device), and weighs in with a bundle of great features for a fairly modest $199.
The iRiver's 5GB capacity makes it a middleweight contender, aiming for the iPod mini's corner of the market. While at $399 it costs more than the mini (which gives you 4GB storage for $299), it has more than just an extra gig of space to offer.
The Coolpix 7900 does its best to prevent you taking bad shots.
Panasonic's new Lumix DMC-FZ5 is an upgrade to the popular DMC-FZ3, and brings with it a higher resolution CCD and a slightly tweaked design.
Huge wireless antennas are generally reserved for enthusiasts who like to tinker with tech gear, or even businesses that have a wide range of premises within line-of-site and want convenient connectivity without messy wiring installations.
Toshiba's stylish new Qosmio (pronounced "Kozmio") G20 desktop replacement notebook uses Windows XP Media Center Edition and is ideal for the lounge room.
Portable Media players let you stow favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos in your pocket - a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer.
Pentax's oddly-named "*ist DS" is a 6.1Mp D-SLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera competing with products like Canon's now older EOS-300D. Although it was released late last year and now also has 8Mp competition, the *ist DS is still one of the sma...
Olympus introduced its new 4/3 open digital standard last year with the E1, its first digital SLR. While the E1 was a good camera, in a market dominated by the battle for the consumer rather than professional digital SLR (DSLR) dollar, at $2,999 it w...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Volantis integrates mobile phones and web services
- Sonoro combines Internet and FM radio
- LG puts Bluetooth into new LCD, plasma TV sets
- Blu-ray camcorder media hits the streets
- Samsung, Adidas take on iPod, Nike
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSoftware Development Manager - CloudACT
- FTProject Manager - Financial Forecasting SystemsNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- FTPolicy & Programme OfficerACT
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW