With a year and 1.5 billion downloads under its belt, maybe its time for Apple's App Store--and Music Store--to get some competition. Whether Apple likes it or not.
Digital Music - Features
For several years, the free, third-party media player of choice for many video connoisseurs was the open-source VLC media player. It worked on multiple operating systems, it worked on a bare install of Windows without any special codecs, and it was l...
The Sony Walkman turns 30 today, amazing as much for the passage of time as it is for the fact that the Walkman brand persists today in digital audio players and cell phones.
The Pirate Bay, a torrent site that has attracted millions of users by offering a wealth of (often illegal) content, is now at a turning point. With a $3.8 million fine dangling around the neck of the owners and a fresh $7.8 million acquisition by Gl...
Ah, the Internet cafe, home to yuppies, flavored lattes, and The Pirate Bay? If you haven't heard, Swedish Internet cafe operator, Global Gaming Factory X, today bought The Pirate Bay for $7.8 million. The new owner says it intends to sail The Pirat...
Old computer products, like old soldiers, never die. They stay on the market--even though they haven't been updated in eons. Or their names get slapped on new products that are available only outside the U.S. Or obsessive fans refuse to accept that t...
Giving mum an MP3 player for Mother’s Day is a great idea
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
Boost your audio experience with the free MixTape.me, Mojo, SharePod, and TuneUp, among other downloads and services -- whether you use iTunes or not.
Whether you're looking for noise-cancelling headphones to shut out the ruckus or a pair of discreet in-ear monitors — we've got you covered, rounding up five of the best pairs of headphones that have passed through our test centre.
Apple released a little bit of a firestorm with the announcement of its newest iPod Shuffle.
The 5730 XpressMusic
Apple's iPod has been outrageously successful and slyly prolific. In the seven-plus years since Apple introduced the iPod, the company has created 17 versions.
If you are one of the many people who own an iPod or an iPhone, there is a pretty good chance you don’t just use it on the train or at the gym.
Choosing a suitable set of high quality speakers doesn't have to be a difficult process. Sure, there are plenty of choices on the market but by working out what you will use the speakers for -- and where you are going to be using them -- you will be ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD