Some of us are blessed with giant speaker setups, $6500 projectors and dedicated home theatre rooms. Those who aren’t have to struggle by on far more modest systems for watching movies, sometimes employing a PC and flat-screen monitor. It is still po...
Digital Music - Features
The Ting Tings were one of the biggest breakthrough acts of last year.
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
Alicia Keys, Eddie Vedder, Radiohead, Google and Twitter songs grab honors
Got e-mail last night from the oh-so-literary indie band The Decemberists informing me that lead singer <a href="http://twitter.com/colinmeloy">Colin Meloy</a> is now twittering. Impressively, his historic first tweet was on Jan. 12 ("is surveying th...
A couple of cool things that have caught my eye over the last few weeks.
Despite offering inferior quality to non-streamed music, Internet radio offers fantastic diversity and convenience at the click of a button. We asked our staff which stations they listen to.
The second part of our DIY home theatre series covers the selection of an A/V receiver, which powers your speakers and allows you to connect multiple audio and video devices simultaneously.
We take apart a home theatre system to see what pushes the sound.
With the Christmas season in full swing, manufacturers and retailers are beginning to offer bundle deals to make their high-end products more attractive to put under the tree.
Of all the components in your home theatre system, the speakers are arguably the most important. They take the electrical pulses from your amplifier and convert them into thrilling highs, rich mid-range and stunning lows.
Guitar Hero On Tour is back and this time you are placed on a journey through the history of rock beginning with the 1970s and transcending into the hits of today.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-...
Love your iPod, but hate iTunes? It's a common feeling among Windows-using iPod owners.
Despite numerous technological developments in recent years, sound tends to be overlooked by PC makers. And high-quality audio is nearly always the first thing to be sacrificed when a company puts together a budget desktop PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst/CoordinationSA
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BrisbaneVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTC# & ASP.Net / Web Front End DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness analystOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Solution Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU - DM ConsultantVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Technology ManagerVIC
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW