Traditionally, high quality home audio has been the realm of elitist audiophiles with $10,000 speaker cables and other over-the-top paraphernalia.
Digital Music - Features
Microsoft quietly announced its third-generation Zune MP3 players and software last week, news that got lost amidst the din of Apple's "Let's Rock" event.
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
When you're serious about entertainment, you don't want to settle for the standard features. You want more storage, more options, and more convenience. But most consumer electronics come with built-in limitations that can prevent you from getting max...
The main theme from Super Mario Bros. is iconic. Any gamer with an inkling of musical talent has learned to play the song on their instrument of choice. When the chosen instrument is completely bizarre, the results are the 7 Weirdest Mario Theme Perf...
Remember how much everyone loved to hate AOL at the turn of the century? AOL offered bloated software, piles of unwanted installation discs, a walled garden of content, an overloaded newbie network, and a pricey dial-up service.
We all use iTunes. It's our gateway to millions of song downloads, thousands of TV shows and movies, that killer new App Store, and a terrific selection of podcasts. Without it, our iPods and iPhones would be empty, lonely, and sad.
Here at the E3 2008 games expo, I got the chance to spend some quality time with early builds of Nintendo's latest 'Wii Series' games: Wii Sports Resort (a sequel to Wii Sports) and Wii Music (once planned as a Wii console launch title). The early ve...
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instrume...
For consumers still living with a standard-definition television, DVD-quality video is generally accepted as good enough. For the latest whiz-bang high-definition plasma, Blu-ray or HD-DVD is optimal. But what does the future hold?
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, wit...
Loose lips sink ships -- or at least sing about them. New details surface about unannounced Microsoft project that enables you to sing along to your personal music collection.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
All these sites are trying to sell you songs or CDs. But hey, they're letting you listen for free, so seeing an occasionally pitch is okay with me.
Short of "free food" and "free beer," "free music" is one of the sweetest phrases you can hear. But getting tunes gratis doesn't have to mean ending up on the RIAA's Most Wanted list. These five sites will let you easily fatten up your music collecti...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Engineer, UI focus, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Consultant - HR / PayrollWA
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW
- TPProject SchedulerVIC