Yahoo will acquire the digital music software and services provider Musicmatch in a cash deal valued at US$160 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
Digital Music - News
When you think of ViewSonic, you probably think of computer displays, a product category it's been a major player in for years -- or possibly of TVs, a market it's entered more recently. But with computers and consumer electronics converging, network...
Portable media players are about to flood the Australian market as distributors enthusiastically launch a raft of market entries.
South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom previewed a file-sharing application for cell phones this week that will let users swap files, including ring tones, music and videos over its 3G (third-generation) network.
On Friday IT managers got a fresh reason, if they needed one, to keep Kazaa and Grokster peer-to-peer software off users' PCs: an unpatched security hole that affects both applications.
Apple Computer Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Jobs offered Nobuyuki Idei, chairman and group CEO of Sony, the chance for Sony to come aboard Apple's iTunes Music Store service, the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun newspaper reported in its September 2 edit...
Manufacturers in search of middleware to connect devices from different vendors and swap digital audio and visual content seamlessly may want to test technology developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communications Systems.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is hot about what it considers a consumer revolution in digital media, and on Friday the company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina selected a chic club in Miami Beach to unveil a raft of consumer electronic dev...
Via Technologies released a version of the open-source Xine media player on Thursday that is designed to take advantage of hardware digital video acceleration capabilities in two of the company's PC chipsets, the CN400 and CLE266.
The European Commission (EU) opened an in-depth investigation on Wednesday into plans by Microsoft and Time Warner to take over US digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard Holdings.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 896 new lawsuits against file traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) services.
RealNetworks said on Tuesday that it has sold more than a million songs at its online music store since slashing prices last week as part of a limited-time sale aimed at growing the user base of its new digital media software.
Yahoo Australia hopes to pull users from the US Yahoo music channel to its own newly released local site.
A US federal appeals court ruled in favor of peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers Thursday, stating that the companies behind the Grokster and Morpheus services are not liable for copyright infringement due to the actions of their users.
In a move likely to step up the digital music dispute between RealNetworks and Apple Computer, Real slashed prices at its online music store on Tuesday, offering songs and albums for a limited time at nearly half of what Apple charges at its iTunes s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - VirtualisationVIC
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTProject / Program ManagerOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW