Yahoo will acquire the digital music software and services provider Musicmatch in a cash deal valued at US$160 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
Digital Music - News
When you think of ViewSonic, you probably think of computer displays, a product category it's been a major player in for years -- or possibly of TVs, a market it's entered more recently. But with computers and consumer electronics converging, network...
Portable media players are about to flood the Australian market as distributors enthusiastically launch a raft of market entries.
South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom previewed a file-sharing application for cell phones this week that will let users swap files, including ring tones, music and videos over its 3G (third-generation) network.
On Friday IT managers got a fresh reason, if they needed one, to keep Kazaa and Grokster peer-to-peer software off users' PCs: an unpatched security hole that affects both applications.
Apple Computer Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Jobs offered Nobuyuki Idei, chairman and group CEO of Sony, the chance for Sony to come aboard Apple's iTunes Music Store service, the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun newspaper reported in its September 2 edit...
Manufacturers in search of middleware to connect devices from different vendors and swap digital audio and visual content seamlessly may want to test technology developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communications Systems.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is hot about what it considers a consumer revolution in digital media, and on Friday the company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Carly Fiorina selected a chic club in Miami Beach to unveil a raft of consumer electronic dev...
Via Technologies released a version of the open-source Xine media player on Thursday that is designed to take advantage of hardware digital video acceleration capabilities in two of the company's PC chipsets, the CN400 and CLE266.
The European Commission (EU) opened an in-depth investigation on Wednesday into plans by Microsoft and Time Warner to take over US digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard Holdings.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has filed 896 new lawsuits against file traders using peer-to-peer (P-to-P) services.
RealNetworks said on Tuesday that it has sold more than a million songs at its online music store since slashing prices last week as part of a limited-time sale aimed at growing the user base of its new digital media software.
Yahoo Australia hopes to pull users from the US Yahoo music channel to its own newly released local site.
A US federal appeals court ruled in favor of peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers Thursday, stating that the companies behind the Grokster and Morpheus services are not liable for copyright infringement due to the actions of their users.
In a move likely to step up the digital music dispute between RealNetworks and Apple Computer, Real slashed prices at its online music store on Tuesday, offering songs and albums for a limited time at nearly half of what Apple charges at its iTunes s...
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC