In an effort to help its large-scale customers conserve bandwidth and speed up the delivery of online music, Napster is using open standards technology from IBM as part of a cache-management system, the company announced Wednesday.
Digital Music - News
Hitachi sees a bright picture for the future of its hard-disk drive business, a sizable portion of which was purchased just over a year ago from IBM, thanks to the increasing demands for physically small, high-capacity drives for use in consumer ele...
A representative of five peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software vendors have called on the U.S. Congress to force the entertainment industry to license content to P-to-P vendors if music and movie companies don't voluntarily license their products.
Intel CEO, Craig Barrett, has called for the adoption of a worldwide digital rights management (DRM) system that allows consumers the flexibility to manipulate the content they own in ways of their choosing.
Sharman Networks, the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, argued its case on Friday in the Federal Court of Australia against charges brought by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the Australian...
Microsoft in a legal filing Friday denied all charges brought against it last year by rival RealNetworks and argued that RealNetworks has no right to complain.
Local startup Mulemusic has officially taken on the giants of paid music downloads, launching a site with four record labels' catalogues on offer.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is continuing its tactic of filing suits against anonymous John Doe computer users who the organisation accuses of illegally sharing copyright material over peer-to-peer networks.
Three Canberra musicians are making digital music by hand, using sensors strapped to their fingers to generate sound through a laptop network.
Media player company RealNetworks has consolidated its headstart on phones, with a deal to put its player on Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB handsets in Europe.
Executives in the recording industry weren't the only ones cheering last Friday's raid on the headquarters of Sharman Networks Ltd., which makes and distributes Kazaa peer-to-peer software. At least one chief executive officer of a peer-to-peer (P-to...
Sharman Networks Ltd., the owner and distributor of the Kazaa peer-to-peer (P-to-P) network, said Tuesday that it has applied to have a court order set aside after a raid last week by Music Industry Piracy Investigations (MIPI), a subsidiary of the A...
RealNetworks's media player software contains vulnerabilities that could let an attacker take control of a PC on which the software is used to download multimedia files, the company confirmed last week.
Investigators working for the Australian Recording Industry Association raided the offices of Sharman Networks Ltd., makers of Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing software, last Friday searching for evidence linking the company to copyright infringement,...
Consumers craving for instantly accessible online music will shape the rapidly growing market and ultimately decide the best delivery model, according to BigPond’s managing director Justin Milne.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT