Students at the University of Rochester, in New York, will soon be offered free access to the Napster music subscription service, in a deal aimed at stamping out online piracy.
Digital Music - News
Questions about two copyright cases and two technologies, separated by almost twenty years of technological innovation, dominated an appeals court hearing Tuesday that is pitting peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file sharing software companies against leading e...
Attorneys for entertainment companies and peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software makers will return to court in California on Tuesday to present arguments in a case testing the legality of popular Internet file-sharing services.
Roxio Inc. on Wednesday updated its Napster LLC online music service by increasing the number of portable audio players onto which users can directly drag-and-drop tracks from the Napster application, the company said.
According to a report from the IFPI, the organization that represents the international recording industry, the music industry's internet strategy is "turning the corner".
After suffering a legal defeat in December, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is modifying its approach to pursuing online file swappers, but pushing on with its program to stop illegal file trading with lawsuits, RIAA President Ca...
Telstra on Thursday became the first ISP in Australia to offer paid music downloads after launching a service that has more record label support than its competitors.
Microsoft will change its "Shop for Music Online" feature in Windows XP so that it does not automatically invoke the Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, thus complying with a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) mandate.
Sony took the wraps off its first hard-disk drive based audio player Wednesday, saying the gadget, which will be sold under its Aiwa brand-name, will be available worldwide from April.
Sheryl Crow, Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys were a few of the big-name artists who joined Carly Fiorina on stage at the Consumer Electronics Show Thursday, where the Hewlett-Packard (HP) chief executive took perhaps the toughest stand yet by a technology in...
Film and video companies must accelerate adoption of digital media technologies or face a surge in online piracy like the music industry did, RealNetworks Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rob Glaser said Friday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) plans to release a digital music player later this year based on Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod in a partnership between the companies announced Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here in Las Vegas.
Sony Corp. showed off a host of new technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Wednesday, including a touchscreen display that will let users wirelessly access video content around their homes, and a music download service.
The iPod now has a sibling. Apple Computer Inc.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs unveiled a slimmed down companion to its iPod portable music player during a keynote address at Apple's user conference in San Francisco on Tuesday. The announcement...
RealNetworks Inc. will announce this week a major new release of its media player that has a digital music store built into it, beating perennial cross-town rival Microsoft Corp. to the punch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music and Spotify add unofficial DJ remixes to be more like SoundCloud
- YouTube Music update improves sharing and preps for more playlist features
- Spotify ads slipped malware onto PCs and Macs
- No, Apple isn't buying rival streaming service Tidal
- Pandora teases on-demand music while launching Pandora Plus with offline listening
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSoftware EnginnerNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOSS ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTMid-level Frontend DevloperOther
- CCBusiness ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataOther
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCInnovation Event & Portfolio SupportNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther