Sony has announced three new 4K HDR camcorders featuring its ground-breaking Fast Hybrid AF system: the XDCAM PXW-Z90, the NXCAM HXR-NX80 and the Handycam FDR-AX700.
Digital Video Cameras & Camcorders
We last reviewed Fetch TV’s main set-top box (second generation) two years ago. How things change in that time? Back then we primarily lamented the lack of built-in WiFi – something that would be unthinkable these days - but now the third-generation box (called the Mighty) has added it to the mix.
Sony's latest update to the PlayStation 4's system software adds high dynamic range support for older consoles.
For those of you with a 4K TV who want to get the best out of it sooner rather than later, one of the ways to do so is to shoot your own 4K videos. It's possible to shoot such video with many new digital still cameras, and if you already own a capable model, then Panasonic's HC-WX970M camcorder won't hold much appeal. This camcorder is for those of you who have a need for a dedicated video camera with 4K capturing.
Fishing enthusiasts and cyclists know all about Shimano reels and gears. Based on that name recognition, the company will no doubt be hoping that users of its products will also have a mind to check out the action cam it's offering. It's called the Shimano Sport Camera, and it's pitched at cyclists, as well as those of you who want to record activities near (or on and under) the water.
Panasonic’s DMC-GH4 is a serious camera that’s designed for the most creative of minds. It’s a Micro Four Thirds-based, interchangeable lens camera that packs not only an excellent ability to capture stills, but also the ability to record ultra-high definition, 4K video. Basically, you can call it a photo/video hybrid.
Sony AX100E 4K camera is three-quarters smaller than the company’s original, but it still manages to incorporate popular features such as wireless connectivity and slow motion recording.
GoPro and Contour have an established history in ‘action’ video cameras -- small, durable video recorders with basic controls and wide-angle lenses. Swann is not a name you’d associate with these products — they’re a security camera company -- but the Freestyle HD is nevertheless a genuine competitor when it comes to recording decent quality video in a miniature package.
The Sony HDR-PJ200E is a tiny camcorder with a built in projector. It performs well and is a lovely gadget for frequent travellers: capture some neat footage during the day, then at night project the results on an empty wall wherever you happen to be staying.
When we looked at the Contour+ video camera we were impressed with its video quality and size, but of more value was its miniature construction -- it easily fit in a pocket, or could be thrown in a backpack. What made it great was the extra Bluetooth functionality that turned a smartphone into the camera’s viewfinder, allowing easy position and exposure adjustments. Contour’s new ROAM doesn’t have this feature, but it is the same convenient size and is also waterproof to a depth of one metre.
The Contour+, from extreme sports video camera company Contour, is a tough and compact camera that records Full HD video at a variety of quality settings and frame rates. It has the potential to be an indispensable tool for anyone looking to record their sporting endeavours, and we’re pleased to report that it does its job near-perfectly.
I must confess: I'm not a regular camcorder user. (When you look at the sample footage embedded in this article that will become obvious to you -- Ed.) I prefer the convenience of a digital SLR or compact camera instead, and I rarely have a need to shoot just video. In fact, there is very little that would tempt me to buy a camcorder these days, even if they are capable of capturing better motion than digital cameras. Sony must know that it needs to do something a little extra to entice users to buy dedicated video cameras these days, and perhaps that's why its Handycam PJ30VE ships with an inbuilt pico projector.
The Samsung U10 is a pocket camcorder for bloggers and casual videographers. Boasting 1080p video quality, inbuilt editing software, a time-lapse recording function and a 10-megapixel still image mode, the Samsung U10 is pretty well equipped for the asking price ($249).
Big savings on Dell Wasabi printer, Logitech Squeezebox Boom wireless music system, plus lots more!
Grab yourself a bargain as we begin the countdown to Christmas! This week you can choose from two great Panasonic and Nikon digital cameras, a large and powerful Dell notebook, a Sony Full HD camcorder, the latest TomTom GPS units, a Nokia smartphone and much, much more!
Here are 5 areas where OLEDs completely outperforms what LCD displays can achieve
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony's PlayStation 4 'Shingen' update adds HDR support to every PS4 console
- Sony's AX100E 4K camcorder (preview)
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTDigital Business Analyst - IntermediateQLD
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- CCTraining Consultant/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTData ModellingACT
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- TPCyber Security EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD