Maybe it's time to take Microsoft's quiet war against Twitch a bit more seriously, as newly-minted Mixer debuts new split-screen tech and promises to stream Xbox's E3 press conference in 4K.
Digital Video - News
Microsoft's Story Remix taps every key feature of the Windows platform to help you make impressive movies quickly and easily.
Over 100,000 internet-connected cameras may be falling prey to a new IoT malware that’s spreading through recently disclosed vulnerabilities in the products.
Twitter and Bloomberg are creating an online news channel for cord cutters and social media addicts.
Facebook is giving VR developers the ability to embed 360-degree photo and video capture in their experiences with a new software development kit made available Wednesday.
You can't use the PlayStation 4 Pro to play UHD Blu-ray, but if you have any locally saved 4K files you can watch them on Sony's console.
Escape from Veep, Silicon Valley, and Game of Thrones in the HBO Experience at South by Southwest. They aren't easy!
Fans of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep were delighted by HBO’s clever SXSW installation.
AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
Facebook recently added the ability for iOS users to cast to an Apple TV or Chromecast, and Android support is coming soon.
Remocam helps you keep an eye on your home—and control your home devices.
Announced at TwitchCon, the Logitech C922 allows for automatic background removal and 720p/60 captures.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
Google hasn't said what's coming yet, but if you sign up for the initiative you'll be part of the group that's in the know.
Twitter's new Apple TV, Fire TV, and Xbox One apps focus on live video—including free NFL games—in a bid to lure new users to the social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
- Twitter will stream video news from Bloomberg all day, every day
- Facebook launches tool for capturing 360 video inside VR
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio LeadOther
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- CCSenior Internal Security Consultant - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telephone & Broadband InstallationsOther
- FTRAN SMEOther
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther