Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Digital Video - Reviews
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-TH1 (EXBL) is a compact digital camcorder that records high-definition video to SD/SDHC memory cards. With an RRP of $499, it’s one of the cheapest HD camcorders on the market, but there’s a catch (isn’t there always?)
For a pocket camcorder, Kodak's Zi6 Pocket Video Camera has a tonne of features and shoots video with surprisingly bright colours. It won't replace your full-sized camcorder or rival such a camcorder's feature set, but it does offer characteristics u...
The Sony HDR-XR200 is the entry-level model in the company’s new star line-up of GPS-equipped handycams. In addition to built-in GPS and geo-tagging, it has all the trimmings you’d expect from a flagship Sony camcorder.
When Avid released version 3 of Media Composer in mid-2008, it clearly intended to head off competition from the likes of Apple Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium. A much keener price and a huge software bundle showed the co...
The Sony DCR-SX40 is an entry-level flash memory camcorder that records standard-definition video to Memory Sticks. It also has 4GB of extra embedded memory and an impressive 60x optical zoom. Compact, stylish and easy to use, it will primarily suit ...
The Panasonic SDR-S26-K is an ultra-compact camcorder that records standard-definition video to removable SD memory cards. Its main claim to fame is its 70x optical zoom lens, which is considerably more powerful than the average entry-level camcorder...
The Panasonic SDR-H80 is a standard-definition camcorder equipped with a 60GB inbuilt hard drive. Without a doubt, the standout feature is its astonishing 70x optical zoom lens, which is easily the
The Panasonic HDC-SD20-K is an affordable high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Like previous models in Panasonic’s consumer-level camcorder range, its primary strength is its portability, along with a user-frien...
Panasonic's small and conveniently packed HDC-SD100 camcorder uses a three-chip image sensor, a rarity in the consumer camcorder market these days. But the Panasonic HDC-SD100 HD uses that three-chip sensor to make up for each individual sensor's ana...
The Panasonic HDC-HS100 camcorder is a better camera than it's predecessor the Panasonic HDC-HS9, with improved image quality and greater usability. However, the $2089 HDC-HS100 has only narrowed, not closed, the image-quality gap between its own vid...
A compact model with a beefy 120GB hard drive, the JVC Everio GZ-HD40 records to two formats: the compact and increasingly common AVCHD, and the higher-quality MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS). Although it has decent automatic and manual image control, t...
Want to know how to transfer movies from VHS to DVD? Roxio Easy VHS to DVD can help reclaim your unwatched family VHS videos.
The VIO P.O.V 1.5 is a pro-level helmet cam geared towards the rough-'n'-tumble sporting set. Unlike most helmet cams, it places image and sound quality at the forefront, with durability coming in a distant third. That said, this video camera will st...
The DVDirect VDR-P1 Express is a portable DVD Burner that performs the same function as a writable DVD drive. Which begs the question - why buy why buy this when your computer does a perfectly good job? here at PC World, it’s easy to forget that not ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
- Twitter will stream video news from Bloomberg all day, every day
- Facebook launches tool for capturing 360 video inside VR
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- TPGateway SpecialistACT
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTIT TrainerOther
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Cerner Applications SpecialistOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FT.Net Developer (WCF & WPF)Other
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD