Now that E308 has concluded, the games revealed having been disseminated across the internet, now is the time to bitch and moan about the forgotten games that we didn't get to hear about at this year's show.
E3 Games Summit - Slideshows
For once it doesn't matter whether you swear by the Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 or PC gaming. It's all here. Here's what caught our eye -- and what we wish we'd never laid eyes on -- at this year's E3 gaming expo in LA.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instruments. Release is currently slated for the end of the year.
Revolutionary: the only word to describe this first person platformer from EA DICE. In Mirror's Edge, players will take on the role of Faith, a 'runner' in a modern metropolis. Control Faith as she leaps, vaults, and climbs the gorgeous cityscapes around her. A game that could very well reinvent the platformer genre, Mirror's Edge is a title to keep an eye on.
Soulcalibur IV, despite the name, is the fifth game in the Soulcalibur arcade fighting series. As one of 36 characters - including Yoda and Darth Vader -- players once again step into the arena to do battle against each other. It will feature revamped graphics, several new characters, and Force-based abilities for Star Wars characters. Competitive online play is a first for the series, and is simply one of many improvements made to the franchise. The game is currently slated for release at the end of the month for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The newest instalment in the popular Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy XIII, is slowly taking form. Little is known about the game's storyline at present, but the game follows the same vein as its predecessors: an RPG with brilliant graphics and an immersive plot. Square Enix announced at E3 this year that the game will be released on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, though no date has yet been set.
Today at E3 Microsoft announced a revamped dashboard for the Xbox 360, replacing that one the console shipped with. In the same vein as its competitor, the Nintendo Wii, the new dashboard will use a channel system to browse content. The interface will also integrate avatars, the Xbox 360's version of the Wii's Miis. The avatars, designed by Rare Interactive, will be able to socialise with other Xbox Live members and help create a player identity. No release date is yet known for the Xbox 360 update.
On gaming's biggest stage, these eight figures fell on their faces.
Summary: Gamepro polled its editorial team, scoured the internet, and given special attention to original efforts to develop the following list of 25 games, all of which has us giddy with the prospects. So with exception to unknown announcements, you can confidently count on these babies to be shown this year... and hopefully playable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Creators Update adds easy-peasy PC game streaming over Xbox Live
- After a slow start, Dell turns up the dial on Steam Machines
- E3: Microsoft confirms slimmer Xbox S for August at US$299
- E3: Microsoft's Play Anywhere weaves your Windows 10 and Xbox One games together
- Titanfall 2 hands-on: Grappling hooks make everything better
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTSystem Specialist - Network SystemsOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTIT TrainerOther