Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautif...
Gadgets - Features
With so many thrilling movies being released to Blu-ray every week, it’s quite hard to keep track of each one of them even for the avid loves of film and cinema. But you can’t look away. In fact, there is nothing worse than a blind buy that ends up b...
Amazon's voice-activated digital assistant Alexa is learning new skills right and left. In fact, she can now deliver the latest tech news from Computerworld.
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016...
3D printing is the way of the future and it’s only getting more accessible.
Here are some of the most unique (read: weird and useless) inventions of this year…
It looks like Apple may have the fastest laptop on the market, solar shingles will be THE hottest thing of 2017 and there's lots of holiday shopping options for gadget geeks.
What happens when you marry fingerprint readers and RFID chips with guns? You get a smarter gun. And Sony rolls out a virtual reality setup that might just hit the sweet spot in terms of price and performance.
PC World headed on over to Japan for CEATEC. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the cool and odd things we got to see and try. Expect robots. Of all sizes and persuasions!
Successful gaming apps appeal to neurotransmitters in our brains that make us feel happy and connected -- and make us want to come back for more. It’s possible to design to business applications and activities that have the same effect.
With the Google Pixel smartphone, Google Home and Google Wifi, it looks as though someone's trying to build a well-rounded tech ecosystem. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw weigh the pros and cons.
Google's first stab at phone-based VR takes it to the front of the pack.
Savvy CIOs have an opportunity to position themselves at the intersection of marketing and virtual reality, and their IT teams should get involved early and take a vested interest in the advancement of VR.
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
We covered a lot at Computex this year. It also took a long time to collate it all. Here are the slideshows and features covering all the VR demos, casemods, components, overclocking and gaming peripherals (plus all kinds of mad stuff) from this yea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Dept of CommunitiesQLD