Harry Potter fans, take note: Scientists have made an object "disappear" using a cloaking device similar in many ways to the invisibility cloak imagined by author J.K. Rowling.
Gadgets - News
This week Brad Chacos, Alaina Yee and Gordon Mah Ung talk Nvidia's new budget wonder and yes, AMD has fixed the RX-480. Also: Rate My Budget Rig.
It’s like having the sun in your pocket.
Good news! If you buy an Oculus Rift VR headset, you'll receive it in just a few days now.
Looking for something different in home audio gear? This speaker/light show fits the bill.
In 20 years, there will be more robots than humans, people will date through avatars and drones will deliver pizzas. That's the vision many Americans have of the future, according to a new survey.
Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
Although virtual reality may have failed to succeed in past decades, the technology currently holds enormous potential in several fields. The future of virtual reality, or VR, is poised to change the way we shop, experience, view, communicate and eve...
Apple TV's tvOS 2 grants new powers to Siri and takes the hassle out of app sign-ins
Razer's new HDK2 looks like a direct competitor to the Oculus Rift—at least on paper.
Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
- HoloLens Spectator View makes it easier to show off AR creations
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
- Google revamps Voice with long overdue makeover, new features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderACT
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security DomainVIC
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorWA
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW