In preparation for BioShock 2's release, we've rounded up the most important aspects, ideas, and faces behind Andrew Ryan's ruined utopia. The following primer is a short refresher for fans of the original, as well as a quick crash course for gamers ...
Games - Features
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Sometimes, we truly question our readers' ability to comprehend the English language. When we presented our 'most overrated games of 2009' feature last month, we explicitly stated that "none of these games are bad: they're just overhyped." …And yet, ...
With its 130,000 available apps, built-in camera and GPS capabilities, the iPhone sits squarely at the center of convergence. There's little question that the iPhone has taken a bite out of sales of some standalone devices, notably navigation units a...
Last week, we saddled up our faithful steeds and headed deep into the heart of Sydney's lawless badlands.
You might call BioShock 2 'BioShock with the top down'. You'll discover this early in the game, when its lid, sides, and bottom suddenly disengage and you're thrust beyond the safety of purpose-made geometry. In BioShock, Rapture was a nightmare metr...
Real money trading (RMT) may not be something you read about in your high school economics class, but it's something every massively multiplayer online gamer encounters every day. If the buying and selling of virtual goods using real money isn't some...
In his first editorial for us, columnist Joe Rybicki explores the changing dynamics of the music game genre, and examines what needs to change in order to keep things viable in the years ahead.
This morning we spent some time with Apple's new iPad tablet device at the company's press conference and hands-on demonstration at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. Given the ballyhoo and speculation, there was virtually noth...
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Call Apple's tablet the iPad, because that's what Steve Jobs does, and hey, it can play games! Thank goodness, right? Apple's iPhone didn't for years, and even Apple probably realizes what an embarrassing mistake that was.
Recently, there’s been a lot of press about SEGA and EA’s disappointment with the sales of 'adult' Wii games, such as Mad World and Dead Space: Extraction. While games like Wii Sports Resort seem to sell by the truckload, many 'mature-themed' titles ...
Apple's chosen name for its new tablet device -- iPad -- is drawing sneers and jeers from the blogosphere, mostly from female pundits. Is this a Venus vs. Mars issue? Perhaps in the male mind, "iPad" conjures up images of a sleek, slate-like device. ...
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
Will the iPad really be a game changer? If history is any indication, it's a good bet the iPad will dramatically impact publishing much like the iPod and iTunes changed the game for music.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSOE Team LeaderNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity ManagerACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Wintel Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC