Dwarf Fortress is similar to many "God Games" in which the player assumes the role of an omnipotent being concerned with the care of a group of virtual followers. In Dwarf Fortress, the dwarves are in need of an underground fortress to call their own...
Games - News
A Japanese cyber extortion gang is running a new "name to shame" scam by duping users who pirate adult games into installing malware, then demanding that they pay up to keep their names from being publicly posted on the Web, a researcher said today.
The latest lawsuit filed against Nintendo by Maryland-based InterAction Laboratories (a.k.a. IA Labs) is not the first or the last time a major video game console publisher faces charges of patent infringement.
3D has come to the iPad. Sort of. Florida-based kode80 has announced an update to its HoloToy application for iPad iTunes link) that gives the app a simulated 3D effect. How does HoloToy's 3D effect work? It creates perspective based on the angle of...
XCOM is back, but not how you remember it. The classic sci-fi tactical strategy game, originally released by Microprose and Mythos Games, has been re-imagined as a first person shooter by 2K Marin.
Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction launched on Monday to high reviews and a frozen second level, the latter of which was quickly remedied. For folks who may not have been so high on the game in general, Ubisoft is looking to sweeten the deal by givin...
Rockstar's Facebook app, Red Dead Redemption: Gunslingers, is not the kind of Facebook game you can get away with playing at work. While you could mute the sound and get one of those screen shields, the game is just too high-quality to cover up what ...
Activision has issued an official response to GamePro regarding the former creative heads of Modern Warfare 2 signing on with rival EA. Jason West and Vince Zampella, who were sacked from Infinity Ward for 'insubordination' last month, today announce...
We knew they were let go from Activision for insubordination, we knew they'd signed with Hollywood outfit Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and we'd heard rumors that they were looking to return to EA. Today, we add another page to the Jason West and Vi...
The Xbox Engineering Blog is usually way too technical for most gamers to get into. Occasionally, however, a technical look at a topic will reveal some interesting (and hilarious) stuff. Check out this tidbit from "Xbox LIVE Avatar Technology."The po...
While Activision has been celebrating the record-breaking launch of the Stimulus Package DLC for Modern Warfare 2, the turmoil that surround the departure of studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella has not been forgotten. While the duo filed a $36...
Corridor Digital is a company that touts itself as a "visual effects and post-production studio," and its skills are definitely visible in the Modern Warfare-inspired "Frozen Crossing" video here. For only US$209.42, the studio was able to put togeth...
It looks like price concerns and launch-day snafus haven't had much of an adverse effect on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Stimulus Package DLC. Just like the boxed game hit new heights for pre-orders, sales and online activity, Activision announce...
The Linux-eliminating PlayStation 3 firmware update that many originally hoped was an April Fools' Day joke rolled out on the first of this month. Players are reporting console-breaking bugs caused by the update and already hacker George Hotz has a w...
Halo Reach's alien Elites will be bigger, a whole lot bigger, when the first-person shooter prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved finally ships later this year. Bungie just unbridled a galloping mountain of Reach-related text on their official news blog, d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire shows off old friends and a mysterious new world
- E3 2017 day 2 wrap-up: Destiny 2 on PC, Wolfenstein returns, and Ubisoft games galore
- Xbox One X vs PlayStation 4 Pro: The console wars level up with powerful new hardware
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- TPProgram Manager - 10+ month contractQLD
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther