The Australian federal government has released a discussion paper summarising the key arguments for and against an R18+ classification for computer games. You can download the full report from the federal Attorney-General's department Web site.
Games - News
After conquering US console sales charts in September and maintaining an edge over the Xbox 360 in October, the PS3 slipped back below the Xbox 360 and Nintendo in North America, according to the recently-released NPD sales figures.
The Beatles: Rock Band developer Harmonix confirmed a 13 per cent workforce reduction yesterday, just in time for the holiday season. The 39 positions are primarily "redundancies" in the Cambridge, Massachusetts office, and an MTV Games representativ...
Early scans of next month's Nintendo Power magazine reveal that Capcom is developing Mega Man 10 with an eye towards cashing in on the 8-bit nostalgia of the previous game while making the traditionally challenging level designs "more accessible."
Gearbox has today confirmed the second DLC pack for Borderlands in the shape of Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. The new pack will be available on December 29 for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox Live, or US$9.99 on the PlayStation Network. The pack will also...
Visceral Games released a statement yesterday confirming the "Divine Edition" of upcoming blasphemous brawler Dante's Inferno will only be available on PlayStation 3. This isn't the first instance of Sony favoritism either, as we reported last week t...
EA and Harmonix have announced a December 15 DLC premiere of Rubber Soul, the next full album for The Beatles: Rock Band. The pack will include 11 songs, as three tracks already reside on the game's disc. The tracks will land on the Xbox 360 and Nint...
With the less-than-stellar James Cameron's Avatar: The Game serving as the only current example of 3D stereoscopic gaming, you might be surprised to hear that the future is indeed bright for the display technology. Insight Media has just released a r...
Rare has confirmed via Twitter that the company's next game, an HD remake of the Nintendo 64 first-person shooter Perfect Dark, will be releasing in early 2010, during the winter months. If hold that Twitter post to the letter of the law -- and when ...
While filming on the movie is set to conclude this month, Kotaku has discovered that Resident Evil: Afterlife -- the fourth film in Resident Evil movie franchise -- will be delayed from its original August 2010 release date to January 2011. AceShowBi...
Kotaku has caught a glimpse of the latest issue of long-standing Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which contains a review for the PlayStation 3 version of the latest chapter of Square-Enix's popular RPG franchise, Final Fantasy XIII. The game re...
A recent patent application submitted to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (dug up by GameSpot) reveals a number of potential applications for the upcoming Sony Motion Controller due out in 2010.
Nintendo, as you know, wants to make third-party flash cartridges anathema to its DS game handhelds. Some gamers want the right to use these cards, they say, to develop legal "homebrew" games. In reality, a majority of these flash cartridge owners de...
Activision will reportedly release a censored version of Modern Warfare 2 in Japan that punishes you for shooting civilians. In Western versions, players can fire indiscriminately into crowds of people during the game's controversial "No Russian" lev...
Nearly a quarter of men have pulled a sickie from work in order to play computer games, says MyVoucherCodes.co.uk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire shows off old friends and a mysterious new world
- E3 2017 day 2 wrap-up: Destiny 2 on PC, Wolfenstein returns, and Ubisoft games galore
- Xbox One X vs PlayStation 4 Pro: The console wars level up with powerful new hardware
- E3 2017 day one wrap-up: Call of Duty WWII, Intel's wireless VR, and crushing crowds
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Network Data Analyst - Telco - GISVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTAssurance specialist(Quality Assurance and Process Improvement)ACT
- CCSenior/Lead Network Security Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- CCSenior Media Data ExpertVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other